Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work experience

Options
  • 30-08-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭

this might not be the right place to post about ty work experice so if its not feel free to move it. but where is every1 getting work experience for ty. its actually really hard to find work experience. i have 2 weeks in december. everywhere i have rang is more or less fully booked. saying this i managed to get 1 week in december in the national gallery of ireland in dublin city centre.i was really lucky to get it as it was the last week that they had left.

so wheres every1 going to get some?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

this might not be the right place to post about ty work experice so if its not feel free to move it. but where is every1 getting work experience for ty. its actually really hard to find work experience. i have 2 weeks in december. everywhere i have rang is more or less fully booked. saying this i managed to get 1 week in december in the national gallery of ireland in dublin city centre.i was really lucky to get it as it was the last week that they had left.

so wheres every1 going to get some?

Haha, love the last line. :L Yes, I am very childish. :)

I dunno. I've sent some emails and gotten no replies... but one saying they were all booked up. NOTE TO SELF: Ring about work experience tomorrow!

I rang one place and they said "email me your details to blah blah blah." [Dunno why I had to email the person I was actually on the phone to, but still...] They spelled it out and everything to make sure I had gotten the address right.
    So I emailed it straight away... and the email address didnt exist. :/ That was like two weeks ago and I still havent gotten around to ringing back. Been too busy. Hoping [but assuming otherwise] that they're all booked up at this stage...

I dont even know our dates yet. They haven't said. I'm just guessing from previous years...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

I didnt apply for anywhere yet :/ We dont even have set dates...

I wanna go to a secondary school, a horse yard and the gardai station :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I don't have my dates yet goddamnit >.>. I need to get those quickly so I can apply.

Thinking I'll fire out some applications to crazy places (Google, RTÉ...) and some to a few... safer options (offices, shops etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Colm! wrote: »
    I don't have my dates yet goddamnit >.>. I need to get those quickly so I can apply.

Thinking I'll fire out some applications to crazy places (Google, RTÉ...) and some to a few... safer options (offices, shops etc.).

rte isn't crazy :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Keano! wrote: »
    rte isn't crazy :confused:

it's completely unlikely I'll get accepted though :S

• Advertisement
Advertisement