Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DOE Light commercial test- Windscreen crack

Options
  • 30-08-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all, i have a DOE light commercial test coming up soon but recently someone cracked my windscreen with a stone and im unsure wheather or not to change the windscreen. The crack runs parallell to the bottom of the windscreen about 4 inches(100mm) out and is 24 inches(600mm) long.
    The van is a 04 VW caddy and the crack in no way interfers with your view of the road. Will this pass the test?
    I heard if its not in the line of sight it will be ok....
    Thanks
    Oh and by the way im with Quinn Direct so i was not covered for a new windscreen or i would have been changing it and giving the insurance company the tab.... damn small print :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

i think it would pass but if you pm slidey on here he will be able to tell you for definite

any luck finding out for definite , maybe if you post over in commercials you might get a better response good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I would imagine your ok when its out of sight of vision but slidey is the doe guru..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Cracks, chippings, ect -

In the direct line of sight in front of the driver a crack must not be larger then a 10mm radius.

Directly to either side of that area the crack can be within a 20mm radius.

For the rest of the windscreen its a 40mm radius, and thats the area your probably in OP, you will fail for.

Id try leave some papers or sweet wrappers in front of it and you might get away with it (I knew a fellow who left a hat in front of his for three years running) , but if its spotted its definitely a fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 heehaw

Thanks lads, its not a circular crack, it comes up from the bottom of the screen and runs along for 24 inches.
    Kasper, i didnt realise there was a commercial section, i will repost there
    many thnaks for you replys :D

No sign of a commercial section! I there a peticular thread i should search for?
    Cheers

• Advertisement

sorry there is not one wasnt thinking straight glad you got very good replies ,still i think if you pm slidey he will have some expert advise

Advertisement