Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polished concrete floors

Options
  • 30-08-2010 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,608 ✭✭✭

I'm considering putting in polished concrete floors in the downstairs kitchen/living area as an alternative to tiles. Anyone got any experience with this approach particularly when UFH is involved? I've spoken to a couple of suppliers and it appears the most common approach is to lay 100mm of conc on insulation and polish. Would the thickness of the conc impede the efficiency of the UFH which is being heated using a heat pump or would it be beneficial given the heat pump would heat it up at night enabling it to emit heat throughout the day?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭observer2u

hi i wouldbe very grateful if u could forward on the list of suppliers. what prices pe m2 were u getting?

Advertisement