Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused BTEA now what? Please help

Options
  • 30-08-2010 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey, i got a letter this morning saying that my application for back to education allowance has been unsuccessful because i am not 21 years of age yet and because i have already done a different course at the same level. Im wondering what to do now, and if anyone has had this problem before? i also read on their website that if youre under 21 and have been out of education for two years and if you have been on job seekers benefit that you are an exception to the age rule...this is exactly where i fit in so why havent i been successful in applying? Any help would be great as i am supposed to start college on monday and can not go if this is not sorted. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,053 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mollypops wrote: »
    Hey, i got a letter this morning saying that my application for back to education allowance has been unsuccessful because i am not 21 years of age yet and because i have already done a different course at the same level. Im wondering what to do now, and if anyone has had this problem before? i also read on their website that if youre under 21 and have been out of education for two years and if you have been on job seekers benefit that you are an exception to the age rule...this is exactly where i fit in so why havent i been successful in applying? Any help would be great as i am supposed to start college on monday and can not go if this is not sorted. Thank you

Ring them - tell them about this exception that you read about and see if you can appeal - otherwise - apply for the maintenance grant see www.studentfinance.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1 royalmum

i my daughter has just been refused the back to education but is on jobseekers allowance can anyone tell me what she can do about this they are saying she is not out of formal education for 2 years.

Advertisement