Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web pages not loading MACbook pro

Options
  • 30-08-2010 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I have an Imac and MAC book pro. Imac connects to the internet through ethernet. and the macbook through WIFI from the same router. Last night i worked on my macbook and accessed internet and the last thing i did was to clear the history. Today morning, I tried accessing the internet from the MACbook to see that the webpages are not loading at all. none of the websites are loading, While the WIFI signal is full. Also the internet in IMAC is working just fine. I tried resetting the safari, I also tried using some other browsers like firefox and chrome. Nothing worked out. To be more precise it does not show any message.. the browser starts loading the webpage and the blue color in the address bar, indicating the extent of page being loaded just stops. thats it. I waited long enough to get nothing on the screen. Kindly help me out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Go into System Preferences, and select Network to go and check if the Airport utility is picking up the wireless signal okay, and that it has the necessary passwords etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

I have had exactly the same problem, still have no idea how to fix it. The old iBook is working fine internet-wise, but as soon as I go to the new MacBook and try to look at anything after opening up google, the page looks as if its loading and then just stalls. Its so frustrating as airport is working fine on both, and I even used the Migration Assistant to transfer files and folders wirelessly over the network from the old (reliable!?!) iBook to the (snazzy!) new MacBook. If anyone has a solution I would be extremely grateful as the iBook is nearing the end of its long life and I need to use the MacBook.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

open terminal and see if you can 'ping google.ie'.

sounds like you havent had a connection maybe and once the cached files where gone then the machine couldnt pull up webpages? thats a long shot as you surely would have noticed you couldnt access dynamic data or any pages you hadnt visited before - but trying to ping a website via terminal will at least tell you if you have a connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭barryj

Firstly, for anyone who has a new Mac and is having difficulties, Apple provide telephone support for the first 90 days of using the machine - so feel free to give them a call (1850 94 61 91), rather than getting frustrated.

It's also useful with wifi issues to see if you can repeat the problem on another wifi network - this might point to either a faulty or incompatible router. If it works fine on another network, then you might want to see if there is a firmware update for your router - as some older ones have some issues. If it fails on another network, then it's likely there's a hardware or software fault on your Mac that's causing the issue.

- barry

Advertisement