Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic Video Editing SW for HD

Options
  • 30-08-2010 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey,

I wonder can anyone help, I have a canon HF10 HD camcorder and i'm having a nightmare with the video editing software supplied. The file format is m2ts but the imagemixer SE software that came bundled is the biggest pile of ****. !!

Do you know what would be the best video editing software to get ?
    I'm only looking to do basic things like splicing together some individual recordings, cut / edit / trim some others and maybe add some audio.

I've been looking at AVS video editor and Sony Vegas HD. Any opinions?
    Should I just look to convert the m2ts files to mpeg or .mov and then edit in that format using a basic editor or find an editor software that edits in m2ts and then i can convert to whatever format suits?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

If you're only looking for basic things for editing, and are running Windows 7, you can get away with Windows Live Movie Maker.

Otherwise Vegas is probably a good choice, go for something basic in their range, no need to spend hundreds on Vegas Pro if you won't use all the features.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 vbold

Thanks.

I'm only using XP so windows live isn't an option I guess.
    The basic Vegas HD is only $39 and would cover all my needs.

Advertisement