Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Your Starter?! GEN V

Options
  • 30-08-2010 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Just thought I'd throw this up. and if one of the mods could make it into a poll (if possible :D ), We can see which is tipped to be the Irish favourite starter!

So i'm going to kick things off and say..... Water guy (This is just because I tend to usually pick the water one)

Who will it be? 20 votes

Smugleaf (Grass)
    0% 0 votes
    Pokabu (Fire)
    45% 9 votes
    Mijumaru (Water)
    55% 11 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Water! It's grown on me a lot since I first saw it and I usually go for the water starter (except Turtwig, which felt wrong).

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

Smugleaf for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

That smug grass bastard I'd say. Don't like the looks of the other two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Am I the only one going for Pokabu the fire-pig thing?

Poll added!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

If Smugleaf is physically-oriented, then I'll probably got for it.

Otherwise, it's the little piggy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

pokabu 100% how could you not want a fire pig??

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

I always pick the fire starter, it's just my pokemon tradition. ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

Tsutarja
    I've never picked the grass starter but there's a first time for everything.[/COLOR]
    Pokabu doesn't interest me and Mijumara is plain ugly. Unless the evolutions change my mind, it's Tsutarja for now.[/COLOR]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Well i like bacon, ham, rasher and sausages so im gonna go for the flameing pig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭ToasterSparks

I voted for Mijumaru, but I'm not really sure yet. It will be entirely dependent on the final evos of the starters, and their typings!

Some of the Mijumaru evo fanart looks amazing though. I want an awesome warrior otter!

Like this: 2vuxc1v.jpg

• Advertisement

HAPPY PIG! HAPPY PIG! HAPPY PIG!
    Never have I seen such a genki pig <3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pokabu. It's gonna take some convincing to change my mind on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

Smugleaf! Which I will call Smugleaf no matter what it's actual name is. I usually go for the grass starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

FirePig. Or WaterOtter. Depends on the final form really.

This may change some minds, some unconfirmed possible evolutions.

Smugleaf:
    img20100901_02.jpg
    FirePig:
    img20100901_03.jpg
    Wotter:
    img20100901_04.jpg

Source: PokéJungle

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'm liking the final evolution of smugleaf, looks like milotic. Fire-pig looking very tank-ish :P I like the 2nd evolution of wotter, not so sure on it's final though.

Although I like smugleaf's final evolution I'm still gonna stick with my pact to pick fire-pig!

Of course it's still all rumours so the could all be totally different!

I found this at Ushi No Tane It's dated the 8th of July, but the rumors at the end seem to bear relevance to the above pictures. Oh and enjoy the random fan art :)

Samawaryou wrote:
    Dude Wotter's final evolution looks like a BAMF Here
    2j3mbnc.jpg

Also their was a rumor floating around about Mijumaru,Pokabu and Tsutarja's final evolutions.
    -Tsutaja evolves into Tsutawaiya (ツタワイヤ). Tsutawaiya evolves into Tsutatesura (ツタテスラ), which is a cobra-like Pokemon.

- Mijumaru evolves into Yuudatsu (ユウダツ). Yuudatsu evolves into Rakkobushi (ラッコブシ), which is a Powerful otter with shells across its body.

- Pokabu evolves into Boirubuta (ボイルブタ). Boirubuta evolves into Ranranbo (ランランボ), which is a boar with steam coming out.

Tsutaja
    Tsutawaiya
    Tsutatesura

Pokabu
    Boirubuta
    Ranranbo

Mijumaru
    Yuudatsu
    Rakkobushi

Waiya in Tsutarja's evolutions name means Wire which makes me think if these rumors are true that Tsutarja might end up Grass/Electric instead of Grass/Dragon. But these are rumors so you have to take them with a grain of salt I guess Rakkobushi sounds like Sea Otter warrior so Water/Fighting Mijumaru?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

- Pokabu evolves into Boirubuta (ボイルブタ). Boirubuta evolves into Ranranbo (ランランボ), which is a boar with steam coming out.

Rambo!

Just sayin..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I found this at Ushi No Tane It's dated the 8th of July, but the rumors at the end seem to bear relevance to the above pictures. Oh and enjoy the random fan art :)

This one seems more plausable as there is continuation to the pokemon, the other one you posted has nothing on common with the second evolution

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

wobbles wrote: »
    This one seems more plausable as there is continuation to the pokemon, the other one you posted has nothing on common with the second evolution

I'd say the quadripedal one is more likely given the fact that the first evolution of the water and grass types in those arts matches the leaked artwork from concept artwork

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlsE3pIVHpI4387sTwm6KfZKKDBeSW69IQumX5FqhxEbszrBk&t=1&usg=__5rWP1iDfO_9Me6CzKIipvLO6MbI=

• Advertisement
Advertisement