Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick q on home cider

Options
  • 30-08-2010 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

have 20 litres of squashed apple juice in youngs drum added packet of cider yeast. its all frothing up noe. i left teh lid on but loose.

is it teh right thing now to (after 2 days) siphon to another drum and put on airlock ?
    do i disturb the scum/froth at teh top or just put teh siphon down near teh bottom without disturbance. or do i mixed it around. ?

any help greatly appreciated .

ps anyone know where i could buy a second hand (or new) apple pulper or how do ye guys manage this part.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Leave it ferment out for a week to 10 days it should have reached terminal gravity and can be racked to another vessel to help clarify it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

thanks. theres no harm that because its not airlocked yet that there may be some damage is there ?

ps a bumper crop of apples this year.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

thanks. theres no harm that because its not airlocked yet that there may be some damage is there ?

No not at all, will help to keep out bugs and flys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

ps a bumper crop of apples this year.:)

Ya seems to be alright, disaster last year,,,

Advertisement