Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samual Adams Summer Ale

Options
  • 30-08-2010 6:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

hi all,
    First time posting on the beer and wine boards. I spent the Summer in Boston and really became attached to the sam adams summer ale. Since I have been home I have gotten the Sam Adams Boston larger a few times but have not seen the summer ale anywhere. Does anyone know where i could get it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Haven't see or tasted that yet but check out Sierra Nevada's summer ale if you come across it, is excellent.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Brooklyn and Goose Island both do them too. If anywhere is going to have the Samuel Adams one it'd be Redmond's of Ranelagh, but I've never seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Laphroaig52

O'Briens were doing all the Sam Adams seasonals and other variations a few years ago....Summer ale, Octoberfest, Winter, Boston Ale, Black lager, etc.

I don't know that they ever sold well for them though. I remember after last Christmas they were left with a batch of the Sam Black lager and they ended up selling it off for €1/bottle after the best before date.

It's a pity (I did my best to help but I'm only one man) but I suspect they will be reluctant to carry Sam Adams variations again.

Still, on the bright side, they do have Blue Moon in stock again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭kindalen

i bought the summer ale last year or the year before. lovely stuff, but cant get it since. can you get it in the north?
    had the black lager too, not for me...
    drinking sam adams boston lager now, after reading this last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

The Porterhouse on Parliment St have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭waterford1988

Do they? The porterhouse is in temple bar correct? I would love to buy a few boxes from an off licence.

Has anyone tried the winter ale actually?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

MediaTank wrote: »
    The Porterhouse on Parliment St have it.
    Some of the offies must have it as well then.
    Has anyone tried the winter ale actually?
    Old Fezziwig? Never seen that here. The Holiday Porter is gorgeous, but I thought the Winter Lager was terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Probably getting late now for Summerale. Nextup is Oktoberfest. Tis seasonal beer after all. Otherwise the Boston Lager should keep you going. After more than 10 yearsmoving back from the US its been the only recurring consolation for me

Advertisement