Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of address for several years ago

Options
  • 30-08-2010 1:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

I need to get proof of address for 2006-2007.

My landlord at the time was not registered with the prtb.

I am fairly certain the esb was in my name. I think I can get printouts of bills from then from the esb. Has anyone done this? Can you get them from the head office, in Dublin City Centre, or do you need to go to the customer supply office, which is in Finglas?

Alternatively, is it possible to get printouts from your bank from years ago, to prove your address? Would you be able to get these from any branch of your bank, or would it need to be the specific bank where your account is?

Is there any other source of documentation I could use?

Thanks

I have a tv licence renewal letter to the address for may 2007...That indicates I was living there for a year beforehand, I would think. Also have various payslips, pension forms etc. Not sure I need to get additional stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I think the payslips, pension forms and tv licence should be ok but maybe see if you can get copy bank statements etc as well

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

You shouldn't need proof of address from any other year other than 2009-2010.

You may need to prove you were in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years but that's the only reason they should be asking for information about 2006-2007. A P60 should do the trick for those years. Otherwise if you can't find information on that year any 3 of the last 5 will do.

Sorry just read your post again. I just assumed it was for the grant. I've grant on the brain. If not I think the few things you have should do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

GSOIRL wrote: »
    You shouldn't need proof of address from any other year other than 2009-2010.

You may need to prove you were in Ireland for 3 of the last 5 years but that's the only reason they should be asking for information about 2006-2007. A P60 should do the trick for those years. Otherwise if you can't find information on that year any 3 of the last 5 will do.

Sorry just read your post again. I just assumed it was for the grant. I've grant on the brain. If not I think the few things you have should do.
    It is for the grant; but I need proof of address for the year before I started my course.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Fair enough.

I used my TV Lincense and Bin Charges to prove my address.
    If you can't find them tell the grant people that you will give them permission to get the information from within their own council building.

Advertisement