Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic Suggestions

Options
  • 29-08-2010 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey could anyone suggest a mechanic in the Dublin 15 area. Need a spot of welding done to an exhaust and wouldn't know any reliable and reasonably priced mechanics.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

We've had a couple of recent threads on this, have a look here and here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

The one I suggested didn't do welding when I needed an new barrel on my exhaust. Most of them wont or you'll have to buy an exhaust there, the days of throwing a fella a few notes and getting work done on the hush hush are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

I find Fastfit in Coolmine are great for jobs like this. Last year my exhaust was causing an awful racket and I was a little nervous going to them for fear they'd say I needed a new exhaust, but it turned out that all I needed was something simple and it ended up costing me about €10.

Just bring your car around and get them to check it out. A check up is free and if they give you a crazy quote just go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

suey71 wrote: »
    I find Fastfit in Coolmine are great for jobs like this. Last year my exhaust was causing an awful racket and I was a little nervous going to them for fear they'd say I needed a new exhaust, but it turned out that all I needed was something simple and it ended up costing me about €10.

Just bring your car around and get them to check it out. A check up is free and if they give you a crazy quote just go elsewhere.

To show another side to their service:

I needed a new exhaust, but had a boy racer barrel shall we say, they put on the new exhaust and said they wouldn't just put the barrel onto the new exhaust,so I said leave it. After a while i decided I wanted the barrel back on, got them to do it @ a cost of like 50 or 60 euros, went over a speed ramp(down in Kilkenny) and found out the next day the barrel had fallen off.

I can only assume they made a hames of welding the barrel onto the new exhaust or left a bit of the old exhaust still on the barrel to weld to the new exhaust and that broke of. This cost me like 200 to get a new barrel fitted.

Advertisement