Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud waves?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

Saw this cloud formation and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on them. Just thought they looked out of place since they were the only clouds of their type in the sky at that time and all the others were quite different looking. In case you're wondering, I'm talking about the "footprint" looking ones. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Nice photo. I am open to contradiction but it looks like an isolated patch of Altocumulus undulatus which may indicate local if minor instability at mid level.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,353 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Where and when was the picture taken? This might help us to explain the formation (can reference satellite imagery).

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

Where and when was the picture taken? This might help us to explain the formation (can reference satellite imagery).

Friday 20 August 2010 18:58
    Dun Laoghaire
    Co. Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Fax analysis for 1800 Friday the 20th attached to this post if it is of any help. (you can zoom in with reasonable clarity)

Advertisement