Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant confirmation Help

Options
  • 29-08-2010 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know when you get confirmation on whether you get the Maintenance grant or not and how much?...

Also i am entitled to teh top up grant on top of the orginal 1,300, anyone know if there is a seperate form for that or if it is just the same form and based on that and that they will know family circumstances etc....?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭p28559

its all assessed from the one application...i think that if the income you are assessed on is only social welfare then you might get a top up..not sure though..

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Thanks for reply
    I definetly don't need another form for the top up?
    Yeah the Social welfare... If a parent has been on the social welfare for a certain period.
    I'd be shocked if i didn't get it...
    Anyone know if theres a date that people find out by???

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

You definitely do not need another form.
    You are assessed all based on your original form.

They say it takes 4-6 weeks to process your application. If you got in before all the LC people you should be hearing soon. If not, there will prob be a MAJOR backlog, AGAIN.

I heard from them in November last year, and July this year!

You definitely do not need another form.
    You are assessed all based on your original form.

They say it takes 4-6 weeks to process your application. If you got in before all the LC people you should be hearing soon. If not, there will prob be a MAJOR backlog, AGAIN.

I heard from them in November last year, and July this year!
    Cool, thank you Crunchy Friends..
    I sent away a good few weeks ago, so probably won't find out for a while then..:confused:
    In relation to the college registration fees, do i just tell the college i am waiting on the maintenance grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

oddo wrote: »
    Cool, thank you Crunchy Friends..
    I sent away a good few weeks ago, so probably won't find out for a while then..:confused:
    In relation to the college registration fees, do i just tell the college i am waiting on the maintenance grant?

Uhm, I'm not too sure to be honest.
    If you don't pay the reg fee I think they withhold student services such as library access etc. until you pay them.. Depends on the college!

• Advertisement

Uhm, I'm not too sure to be honest.
    If you don't pay the reg fee I think they withhold student services such as library access etc. until you pay them.. Depends on the college!
    Alright no bother thank you for your help...
    Well, if they sent me a letter telling me i am to receive it and to show the college it i am sure they'll accept it...

Advertisement