Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Laptop?

Options
  • 29-08-2010 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

Right I'm looking for a custom laptop...

The problem is have is that i have some parts that i could use like a 256SSD i also have some DDR3 Ram i also have win 7 Ultimate 64bit so i need something with an i7 processor and the problem i have is that anywhere that allows customization doesn't allow you to leave out a part like the HDD or Ram.

If i had the time i'd get a bare-bone Laptop and custom build one but i don't so does anyone know where i could get one in Ireland or the UK that will allow me to leave out what i don't need to prevent unneeded expendature

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

It would probably be easier and more cost effective just to take the laptop with the HD in and replace it with your own SSD. That's what I did and I stuck the HD into an external enclosure to use for backups and extra storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

have you tried PCspeacilists.co.uk, they allow you to choose "none" for OS.. and I think you can for the HDD too.

I'd say if you e-mailed them with what what you want & what you don't. They'd give you a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

woops I'm sorry.. I didn't look at the date S: .. thought it was newer

Advertisement