Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTE Allowance and Vec grant?

Options
  • 28-08-2010 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey, i had to repeat an exam last year "externally" and i got some work here and there for the year and i received job seekers allowance when ever i wasn't working, so im goin back to college to complete my final year and i have re applyed for the vec grant that i always got and i was just wondering can u apply for Back to education allowance aswell, or in other words, can u receive both?????????:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,042 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

pbcal wrote: »
    hey, i had to repeat an exam last year "externally" and i got some work here and there for the year and i received job seekers allowance when ever i wasn't working, so im goin back to college to complete my final year and i have re applyed for the vec grant that i always got and i was just wondering can u apply for Back to education allowance aswell, or in other words, can u receive both?????????:)

No

You cant get both -

as well as that you are only eligible for BTEA if you were getting JSA for 9 months or more

If you are eligible for BTEA you can get your registration fees paid

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement