Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fetac uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Have you completed a FETAC Nursing Award ? If so check with your FETAC College as most have agreements with a variety of UK colleges for progression. However do remember that you have to apply via UCAS for entry (UK version of CAO).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 katieobrien91

Have you completed a FETAC Nursing Award ? If so check with your FETAC College as most have agreements with a variety of UK colleges for progression. However do remember that you have to apply via UCAS for entry (UK version of CAO).
    I have a Fetac award in Health and Community care that I did in a local secondary school. While the tutors were excellent their knowledge of further education opportunities was minimal and they certainly had no links with UK colleges offering nursing, as far as I am aware

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

A lot of PLC colleges have links with UK nursing courses but as far as I know, the progression is from Pre-Nursing. FETAC is accepted for a lot of English courses, but you'd have to look at the individual colleges' entry requirements. FETAC Level 5 is equivalent to NVQ Level 3 in the England and the North.

You'll need to look up the English colleges or ask someone who is involved in Pre-Nursing. Look at a few pre-nursing colleges online and they might have links to English courses on their sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Also contact the Career Guidance person in your centre - they would be able to access more information via the network of Guidance people. You will need help and assistance with the Personal Statement which is part of the UCAS application form. But do remember to ask re fees etc when applying to the UK.

Advertisement