Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare v Down

Options
  • 28-08-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Lads Kildare are available at 6/5 with PC, unbelievable price!

If you ignored tradition and went solely by form the Lillies would be favourites for the All Ireland imo. Their forwards remind me a lot of Kilkenny hurlers in that they have their big names who'll always perform like Kavanagh and Doyle but any of the support cast of O'Flaherty, Callaghan, Smith etc could easily explode and put in a match winning performance too.

Fair enough the defence isn't quite as solid as the attack but they haven't conceded more than 15 points since the Louth match, if they hold Down to anywhere around that I'd fancy them to outscore the Mourne men fairly comfortably.

I honestly think the 6/5 is one of the best prices I've seen in a long time, they're a 4/6 shot in my book.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

they were odds on on Betfair yesterday so if they still are its a nice arb for people that way inclined.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Who are PC? Kildare are odds on everywhere. I backed them at evens 2 weeks ago.

http://www.oddschecker.com/other-sports/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kildare-v-down/winner

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

pcsports.ie - they're an independent bookies based out west.

The problem with oddschecker for GAA is that only paddy power, boyles and lads do their own pricies, everyone else just stays within a tick or two of powers. PC are a bit different as he prices it up himself and doesn't seem to mind if it's an arb

Edited to say: Cut to 11/10 now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Im going for down in this one. Their performance against kerry a few weeks ago was awesom and i doubt kildare would have been able to give a display like that against kerry.
    People are obsessed with kildares good form of late but down have shown just as good form in my book.
    Im not sure if im actually gonna bet on this game as i think its gonna be very close and could finish in a draw but if i was to put my money where my mouth is it will be a small bet on down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

radharc wrote: »
    pcsports.ie - they're an independent bookies based out west.

The problem with oddschecker for GAA is that only paddy power, boyles and lads do their own pricies, everyone else just stays within a tick or two of powers. PC are a bit different as he prices it up himself and doesn't seem to mind if it's an arb

PCsports really are an excellent GAA bookmaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Based on Kildares form a good bet might be Down to lead at half time but Kildare to win. (this was recommended on today fm this morning so its not my own, but it does make a bit of sense)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

If you ignored tradition and went solely by form the Lillies would be favourites for the All Ireland imo.

Widely available at 7/2, big price IMO. Was 9/2 last week before the other semi but I got roped up in sentiment and thought the Dubs were gonna prevail this year and didn't back it. After fifteen years you think I'd have learned :(

According to oddschecker Boyles, Dublin are still 13/5 second favs for the All Ireland. I'll double those odds to any stake if anyone fancies a piece of that partciular action. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm going for Down outright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Incorporating Haj

Either team to win by less than 4 points, or it to be a Draw

4/5 Ladbrokes, may be of interest to some.

I've gone for it personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Sounds like a nice bet,I can't see either team running away with it really,unless the other really under performs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭radharc

Ouch, nothing really went right for Kildare today despite their unusually good start, inches away at the end. Fair play to Down, what a game.

Advertisement