Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expanding battery(s) Macbook Pro

Options
  • 28-08-2010 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

My brother has a 17" MBP 2.17ghz Intel Core Duo. The original Apple battery burst out of it's casing and as it was out of warranty a new Fastmac battery replaced it. Now this battery has also burst it's seams. If he replaces this battery how can he ensure it doesn't happen again? Would it worth going to the Apple Store in Belfast to complain/question this flaw? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

In effect he can't. Happened to me aswell, and Apple replaced it immediately once I said it was bulging (even though batteries are not covered under the warranty) - they don't want to run the risk of one exploding on a customer.

When that one ran out of power, I replaced it with one I bought on ebay. Cost me €40 and worked like a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Third Eye

Thanks for that Elessar. Did you replace yours with an Apple brand battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

The one I got on ebay was sold as Apple branded and it seemed no different when it arrived, so I guess it was. Could have been a really good knock off but hey!

Advertisement