Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is responsible for grass cutting on the greens

Options
  • 28-08-2010 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought my house 5 years ago from new and every year I pay between 30 to 50 euro for the grass cutting of the public greens. The estate is still under the builder. In work a number of my fellow work mates told me that the builder is responsible for the maintenance of the estate and this includes the grass cutting until it is handed over to the council.

Is this true?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Who do you pay the money to? Have you not asked them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

If the Local Authority have not taken the estate services "in charge" then the original developer or their appointed maintanance company or property management company would have to look after the maintanance of the services which includes cutting the grasses on the greens. If there are annual fees involved these should be part of your original purchase contract and your solicitors will have the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Thanks, I will contact the solicitor. Problem is that it is the same solicitor the contractor has. He has never cut the grass so the residents setup a comittee to collect money for the grass cutting but they never asked the contractor to cut the grass in the first place. Another thing is that the contractor sends out a bill annually for sewage maintenance. I thought that if there was a problem with the sewage system that it would be the contractors problem anyway

Advertisement