Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funding Help Nightmare

Options
  • 28-08-2010 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I have just completed an MSc by Taught I got the grant like i did when i was an undergraduate.

I want to do a PhD and i have to registered on the masters by research register for a year or two.

I went to my VEC is may and they said i would be fine apply.

Now i have sent in the application to the collage went to the VEC told me would not quality for grant for first year or for the duration while i am on the MSc by Research register would not get the grant because i have already completed an MSc by taught when i am on the phd register i will get the grant but can't get on the phD register until i do a certain amount of time on the MSc by research those are the rules in the collage.

So now i can't continue because i can't afford the course fees for the first year while i am on the MSc by Research register

Is this right can anyone offer me advice.:confused::confused:

Advertisement