Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science v Religion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

This will end will :pac:

No God doesn't exist.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Eh like I think the Catholic church have proven that science and religion are compatible. So they were out by like billions of years, but jaysus died for our sins.

I think science should stay at least 100 feet away from religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

Stopped caring about these threads a long time ago...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

I have to say even as an alacart Catholic like most in Ireland - the program above is uncomfortable and is offensive to me. Basically saying Catholics, Muslims etc are basically idiots or lesser beings to his highness - Richard Dawkins - the Athiest's wet dream.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'm abstaining from these threads from now on.
    They crop up and eventually regurgitate the same thing over and over.

No disrespect to yourself darkman2.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jesus was a robot.

Everyone's happy.

3 of had the drunken conversation tonight about this crap...

My favorite quote... "Since the big bang, atoms have managed to come together to analyse themselves". Mad when ya think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I think science should stay at least 100 feet away from religion.

Ok but that means they'll have to turn of all the lights in church.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

i believe in the almighty, the god that has his seat of power in the sky temple. he who disbelieves shall be struck down by a bolt of lightening. this may seem daft, but it was written millennia ago by a bunch of prophets who may or may not have actually existed. parchment has never refused camel blood, it was also written that one day our clerics would touch children inappropriately and harbor playboy bombers. obviously that will never happen as our religion is all about the milk of godly kindness.

SCIENCE == LAME
    RELIGION FTW

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,712 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

darkman2 wrote: »
    I have to say even as an alacart Catholic like most in Ireland - the program above is uncomfortable and is offensive to me. Basically saying Catholics, Muslims etc are basically idiots or lesser beings to his highness - Richard Dawkins - the Athiest's wet dream.
    Sorry, what?

Like most in Ireland? Have you been awake for the past 60 years? Only about 1%, in my guesstimation, of Irish people are Catholics these days. Most sensible people have realised that the Catholic church have practically disemboweled everything sensible about Irish culture and even the staunchest of the staunch will tell you that they don't have faith in "the Church" anymore.

I've had a year where I happened to travel a lot around Ireland and I've seen nothing but contempt for the Roman Catholic church bar one or two happenstances. I'm not saying that these people have turned away from God, on the contrary, they seem to be closer to God than they might have been before. They're turning to God for redemption for what the Catholic church has done.

So there, you lovely, lovely person.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Depends on the religion. If its Norse style religion then science loses. Thor and Odin One Eye > Stephen Hawking.

On the other hand The Pope < Einstein

Needs more specific research. I'm going to hire a team of scienticians and a team of theologians to get to the bottom of it, via the medium of foxy boxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The Bible proves there is a God - End of disscusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I know the answer to this question.

Stick that in your fcuking pipe, you condescending inconsiderate and absolutionist ass hole.

Off to a wonderful start as usual.

Is it at all possible that if there's to be another pointless atheist/christian debate, it can be kept at least civil?

I know the answer to this question.

Is it that you like cheese?

/Gets a large order of popcorn. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Is it that you like cheese?

Cheese is the answer to everything.

The problem is that most people can't see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Who would win in a fight between Jesus and Shang Tsung?

Now playing: iTunes Version - Bed Intruder Song via FoxyTunes

Not if I don't stop drinking lol.

But why do you care?

• Advertisement

Off to a wonderful start as usual.

Is it at all possible that if there's to be another pointless atheist/christian debate, it can be kept at least civil?
    Yeah, that was tripe. I'm drinking though and it's not nectar, it's not nirvana, it's not fcuking allah in a glass, it's alcohol. Pure and simple C2H5OH.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Thread closed due to off Topicness.

It's a hullaballoo about nothing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement