Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

concrete first floor

Options
  • 28-08-2010 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have a small problem at the moment, i'm building my house by direct labour and i have just laid the precast first floor and i've fitted the insulation and the plastic sheeting installed the underfloor heating pipes in the morning i'm fitting the A142 mesh over the underfloor heating pipes, then i will be pouring 75mm of concrete over the lot, my problem is how do i get the concrete up onto the first floor, i've been told use a teleporter with a special concrete bucket with a fitted gate, i think this bucket holds about a sq meter of concrete and the big standard bucket normally on the teleporters would result in the concrete been dropped for a height and may result in some of the pipe been forced to move, so the question is where would one hire one of these machines c/w bucket, i'm in the South Kilkenny area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭sas

moan 77 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a small problem at the moment, i'm building my house by direct labour and i have just laid the precast first floor and i've fitted the insulation and the plastic sheeting installed the underfloor heating pipes in the morning i'm fitting the A142 mesh over the underfloor heating pipes, then i will be pouring 75mm of concrete over the lot, my problem is how do i get the concrete up onto the first floor, i've been told use a teleporter with a special concrete bucket with a fitted gate, i think this bucket holds about a sq meter of concrete and the big standard bucket normally on the teleporters would result in the concrete been dropped for a height and may result in some of the pipe been forced to move, so the question is where would one hire one of these machines c/w bucket, i'm in the South Kilkenny area.

Only recently did this. We used the conveyor on the cement truck to get it up onto the first floor. The company charaged abou €80 extra per load for the conveyor truck.

If you are really concerned about UFH pipes then I'd recommend you go with a concrete pump. At €600 per day I wasn't interested but then again I didn't have UFH pipes to worry about.

When we poured our ring beam we used a crane with a concrete skip. The skip is basically a funnel shaped device (holds a 1 m3 of concrete) and has a tap on the base that you can swing open to release the concrete. I had a contact for a cheap crane so that was again more cost effective than a concrete pump.

I've never heard of what you are being asked to source. I don't work in construction though so I've had alot of firsts over the last year...

Advertisement