Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 vs PS3

Options
  • 27-08-2010 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

I haven't a clue about gaming consoles and I was hoping you could please advise me on which console is the 'best' - from experience or talking to others.....:confused:

Many thanks!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Check over past threads from here. Although many of them will just be fanboy wars.

You can't just say which console is the best. They have their downsides and goodsides.

If you provide us with a bit more information we can guide you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Similar thread in the Games forum. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056013566

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Who Knows? wrote: »
    Hi,

I haven't a clue about gaming consoles and I was hoping you could please advise me on which console is the 'best' - from experience or talking to others.....:confused:

Many thanks!:rolleyes:

Assuming you're going to play online multiplayer games with friends, just buy the same console as they have. If not, then it really doesn't matter, as both consoles are excellent and you won't be disappointed with either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I have both and they're both great to be honest. Excellent exclusives on the 2 of them so no real victor.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I have both and they're both great to be honest. Excellent exclusives on the 2 of them so no real victor.:D

Aye. If you want to get down to the nitty gritty then if films are your thing then the PS3 can play Blu Ray's. As for controllers I personally find the Xbox controller more comfortable.

Still, neither of those things would deter me away from either console.

They're pretty evenly matched in every other department. Both are bringing out motion prepherals, the majority of games feature on both console formats.

Exclusive games for the most part are fantastic on either console.

It should come down to what console your friends have. The PS3 is retailing for around €350 as part of a bundle deal and the 360 is retailing for around €260/270 for bundle deals.

If you can afford either of them go for the one that your friends have.

If the majority of your friends own an Xbox it might be worth waiting that extra bit longer to get the Halo Reach edition of the console.

I think it's around €300 when it comes out next month. You get a 250GB console exclusively designed by the Halo team, 2 controllers and a copy of the game.

And if they have a PS3 then it might be worth waiting also for their Move bundle pack. 320GB console AFAIK, a controller and the Playstation Move contoller with camera for around €350 I think.

Correct me if I'm wrong on that last one as I'm not too sure about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm sorry these sort of threads are not allowed on xbox forum because you are going to get a bias answer and it leads to a flamewar among idiots.

There's a thread on the games forum for these discussions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement