Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get BTEA if you are repeating a year

Options
  • 27-08-2010 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭

I know you can't get the maintenance grant but if you meet the requirements of the BTEA can you get that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

SugarHigh wrote: »
    I know you can't get the maintenance grant but if you meet the requirements of the BTEA can you get that?

If you havent got BTEA before and do not hold an equal or higher qualification, Id imagine you could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 gowayuwilya

if you failed you shouldn't be entitled to BTEA, not everyone has the luxury of gettin E196 a week while in college...make use of it next time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

if you failed you shouldn't be entitled to BTEA, not everyone has the luxury of gettin E196 a week while in college...make use of it next time!
    You don't know my circumstances. My father committed suicide and I had to look after the family, thanks for your empathy.

If you havent got BTEA before and do not hold an equal or higher qualification, Id imagine you could.
    Thank you.

You don't know my circumstances. My father committed suicide and I had to look after the family, thanks for your empathy.

Thank you.

Dont pass heed of negative comments, the following will expalin BTEA to you,

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW70/Pages/ABacktoEducationAllowanceBTEA.aspx

Dont pass heed of negative comments, the following will expalin BTEA to you,

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Publications/SW70/Pages/ABacktoEducationAllowanceBTEA.aspx
    Thanks. It's say's you need to be collecting JSA for 12 months by the time the course starts. I will be applying for JSA tomorrow, will it start counting from then or will it start counting from when I receive my first payment which could be weeks away and knock me off BTEA?

• Advertisement

Thanks. It's say's you need to be collecting JSA for 12 months by the time the course starts. I will be applying for JSA tomorrow, will it start counting from then or will it start counting from when I receive my first payment which could be weeks away and knock me off BTEA?

This has changed to 9 months and starts from the day you first sign, so you will not be eligible this year.

This has changed to 9 months and starts from the day you first sign, so you will not be eligible this year.

That's fine I wasn't expecting it this year.
    starts from the day you first sign
    Does that mean from the day you apply or the day you receive your first payment. I need 9 months by September 2011.

Thanks for the help.

starts from the day you first sign
    Does that mean from the day you apply or the day you receive your first payment. I need 9 months by September 2011.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help.

The day you apply! so you are ok.

Advertisement