Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work about Celtic gods

• 27-08-2010 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello!

With this thread, I want to appeal to everyone who is interested in culture of Celts, their religion and how they developed over the centuries.
    I’m from Vienna and right now working on a project which is part of my final exam in high school – we call it “Matura”. The topic of this project, consisting of a written paper of about 40 pages, is “Celtic Gods”. The focal point is Ireland itself which has two main reasons: On the one hand, it would never be possible to include all countries and regions of Europe which where settled by the Celts into 40 pages, and on the other hand, I’ve been interested in everything around Ireland since five years.
    Now, I want to find out how Christianity influenced the heritage of the Celts, especially their gods and how the latter ones appear in the Christian church in Ireland nowadays.
    You know, even though this work refers to the subjects History and Latin (because of the Latin sources I want to use, e.g. Caesar…), I want to have a special field of the work for this topical point.

It would be great if you could recommend some books or authors to me which resp. who are dealing with this topic, or tell me about your know-how, supposing that you already know something about it, e.g. from university, school and so on…

Thanks for your answers! :)

With kind regards

Ella-Maria

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Hi Ella-Maria, interesting subject!
    I think however that you might get more help by posting is the History & Heritage forum here.
    Also, do a search on that forum to see what has already been discussed about the Celts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nion

Hi Gaspode,

Thanks for your tip; I'm going to continue my research there!

Greets

Nion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

Good luck Nion, it's a fascinating subject area and I hope it keeps your enthusiasm alight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nion

Thanks a lot, Priori. I hope so, too ;) It's surely going to be a nice work! I've been interested in Ireland about five years now and this will be a great chance to look at the country itself in another way! :)

Greets

Nion

Advertisement