Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish applicants to Canadian University

Options
  • 27-08-2010 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi

I'd like some information from Irish people who have applied or are in the process of applying to Canada to go to college. I am thinking of the University of Ottawa in particular but any information would be appreciated.

The areas I need to know about are the entry requirements for Irish applicants, as in what documents need to be submitted (are transcripts just the statement of results or descriptions of courses studied?), financial aid (is it difficult for foreign applicants to get?), scholarships and what age a student is classifeid as a mature student and if this merits any exemptions from normal entry requirements.

I know there is a lot of information on websites of colleges but I find it is better to hear from who has gone through the process themselves because it can be hard to find out everything from a website.

Any information is appreciated..Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 PaultheIntern

I'm looking to find out the same information if anyone can help?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

probably too late but I applied to post-grad in UBC. they needed sealed copies of transcripts from all universities I'd been and they had to be stamped across the seal too. This is a modular breakdown of all your results. You can get these easily enough from your college (though UCD charge and give out very few copies)

Generally require a reference for postgrad (I needed 3). You can try the gradcafe forum. It may be different for undergraduate courses however. Expect an application fee of around €100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 verna

hi,
    i studied eramus year in ottawa u--- great uni--loved it... would love to do postgrad there or somewhere in canada.... i realise your post is a year old-- so im wondering what u found out about scholorships and funding

thanks

Advertisement