Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spain world championships Cash Back

Options
  • 27-08-2010 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Dont know if this has been posted yet but i just logged on today and seen Betpack are doing a moneyback special if Spain win the Basketball World Championships next week.

Now i've never bet on Basketball but just looking at the stats and the odds it looks to me that only U.S.A and Spain have a real chance of winning.

Usa 1.62
    Spain 4.33
    Greece 11.00
    Serbia 26.00
    Turkey 26.00

So im thinking of betting Big on the U.S and if Spain win at least i'll get the stake back, thoughts ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I follow basketball occassionally and although USA really should win it,I wouldn't take them at odds on. They can be an expensive bet at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Thanks for highlighting this. USA are 1.72 on the exchanges but when you take out the commission the 1.62 with betpack is not bad. Only have a limited knowledge of basketball but most of what I've read has the Spainish as the only ones capable of running the US close.

Looks like a very solid bet to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Becomes a 94% book when you remove Spain at 10/3 so the figures work out.

Note that it's money back as a free bet as opposed to actually getting your stake back.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Becomes a 94% book when you remove Spain at 10/3 so the figures work out.

Note that it's money back as a free bet as opposed to actually getting your stake back.

Yeah true but im usually pretty good at converting these freebets.

Honestly i cant see any of the other teams winning it so its a winner or its my money back

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Stan James aren't doing this??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

Just as a follow up. This came in today with the USA winning.

Handy bit of cash :D:D

Advertisement