Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone see the Moyross lads on TV..How did it come across any link?

Options
  • 27-08-2010 12:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Someone asked me did i see it,any one have a link?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Is it Ireland AM yesterday morning that you are talking about? A guy and a child from the "In The Hood" thing that was held?

If so it may still be on their website in the Catch up section. It was in the last hour of the show.

http://www.tv3.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

I was lmao a few times but i have to say fair play to them for organising something positive.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Fair play to them, great to see something like this happening and them getting some good vibes about Limerick out on the airwaves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What crime is the young lad talking bout?!I hope its made up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭LucyLouLou

Am I the only one that wanted him to sit up straight and get his feet off the table?

• Advertisement

Oppressed gangsta rappers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

That's one deadly hoody yer man has.

There was a thread on here about Moyross and it listed what the area has and its far from disadvantaged
    Im going to be very non p.c here but sometimes this"oh we are from area x" attitude gets on my nerves so how long as a person is a normal decent person i dont care where they are from
    Regards this video they have the right idea i.e positive but kinda doing it in the wrong way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I saw it, and it was embarrassing, bloody embarrassing, a white youngfella doing a bad job of a rap song. It's like 50 cent singing a Planxty number....

I don't know why people assume that just because lads are from Moyross, or a "disadvantaged area", that they must be into hip hop/rap?

I know of quite a few talented musicians from Moyross, (2 of them happen to be in the Cranberries).

I think the fact Alan Hughes and the 2 youngfellas were polar opposites made it cringeworthy....

At least there was no mention of gangs etc etc, and the lads seemed grand, but twas cringeworthy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 golls

Well done to that man and young boy. I for one think that they did a fantastic job in how they presented themselves. They looked and acted comfortably. I have heard a lot about Jamie Daly in recent months, he has organised events for the special Olympics Ireland, and cancer research and raised a lot of money. He has even gotten the Gardai to play a football match against the Moyross Monks an some League of Ireland players. He has put so much time into his community and for a man in his twenties that would not be a common occurrence. Well done to you Jamie for all your hard work. Keep it up as there isn't many people like you trying to bring their community back up from it's knees. Showing them that there is more to Moyross than whats in the news papers. I've been to this area recently and there is a vast change since i was last there a number of years ago. This is down to the people getting off their backsides and doing good within their community and environment. Thank you for reading my comment. Replies are welcome

• Advertisement

Of course it is all made up. The boy is only 13 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

h3000 wrote: »
    I was lmao a few times but i have to say fair play to them for organising something positive.

does anyone have a link with subtitles??:D

Its positive but kinda done in the wrong way,i just hate the way its Moyross vs the rest of world attiude that seems to be around
    Moyross is not a disadvantaged area

Made up but its still about crime and its using a Limerick crime familys surname?

Services Available in the Area:
    The range of groups and facilities now operating include:

Moyross Partners (umbrella body for community groups)
    Moyross Community Enterprise Centre responsible for:
    Moyross Action Centre,
    Community Crèche, Pre School and Out Of School Service
    After Schools Programme,
    Moyross Millennium Playground
    All Weather Pitch and Handball / Hurling Wall
    Two Soccer and GAA Pitches
    Community Meals for the Elderly
    Moyross Community Mini Bus,
    CCTV Security System on the estate,
    Moyross Environmental Project, Youth Clubs
    7 Micro-Enterprise Units in Sarsfield Gardens housing:
    Changing Ireland - the Community Development Programme Newsletter
    T Fashions
    Guys and Dolls Hair and Beauty Salon
    Moyross Adult Education Centre
    The community centre compound also accommodates:
    Moyross Residents Forum
    Garda sub-office,
    Moyross Health Centre,
    Caherdavin Credit Union branch office,
    Local Employment Service
    Community Development Network Moyross
    The Moyross Development Company operates from 6 converted factory units housing youth facilities including:
    Millennium Jobs Club
    Corpus Christi Youth Development Group
    Shades Youth Club
    Bayze Side Youth Club
    Corpus Christi Boxing
    Corpus Christi Kung Fu Clubs
    Corpus Christi Pipes and Drum Band,
    Snooker Hall, Indoor Soccer Pitch and Motor Cross Track.
    Ceim ar Cheim Probation Project
    Other groups and services are:

Moyross Adult Education Group
    Corpus Christi Pastoral Council
    Corpus Christi Primary School
    Bereavement Support Group
    Rainbows Support Programme
    Moyross Youth Intervention Project
    Barnardos with 2 family support centres in Castle Park and Craeval Park
    Moyross Utd. Soccer Club.
    Thomond Rugby Club
    Senior Citizens Club
    Respond Social Housing Community Centre
    Suaimhneas
    LIT Sarsfield GAA Club
    Extern
    Northside We're OK Youth Initiative
    Northstar Family Support Project
    Northside Local Education Committee
    Local Community Based Education Initiative
    Franciscan Friars
    Northside Youth Café
    Northside Youthreach
    Northside Learning Hub
    Moyross Community Companions
    There are small shops operating for many years in Delmege Park and Castle Park.

In 2004 the Watch House Cross Shopping Centre opened the complex houses some of the above named community projects plus:

Library
    Northside Regeneration Agency
    Commercial outlets include:

Super Valu supermarket with ATM facility
    Pharmacy
    Delicatessen
    Petrol station
    Bookmakers
    Hair and Beauty Salon
    Fast Food Take-away
    Chinese Take Away
    Pet Shop

There is a public bus service every half hour to the city centre on the 306 to Craeval Park and 309 to Pineview Gardens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Maybe i'm wrong Bigpink, but I get the feeling you either are 1. jealous of Moyross or 2. Have a bit of a discrimination complex towards the people of Moyross, based on your assumptions of they get everything and we get nothing thing you have posted here a few times.

I for one am happy for the money and effort that has gone in to the Moyross community over the years, they have lobbied Local government for these initiatives and if any other area in Limerick did the same and had the need for these initiatives they would have received funding too. To start saying they get everything and we get nothing is in my opinion shows the lack of care others may have towards the disadvantaged in their neighbourhood, be it Raheen, Dooradoyle, Caherdavin, Corbally or whatever. If you feel these neighbourhoods need similar projects, why not get on to your local councillor and speak to the powers to be in order to bring change to your neighbourhood instead of taking the stance you currently hold.

That is All.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nononsense

bigpink wrote: »
    Its positive but kinda done in the wrong way,i just hate the way its Moyross vs the rest of world attiude that seems to be around
    Moyross is not a disadvantaged area

Made up but its still about crime and its using a Limerick crime familys surname?[/QUOTE
    i think big pink... your right in that sense what you are saying but that young kid isn't going to rap about
    teddy bears is he. i didn't see much wrong with the interview but there could of being a better choice of freestyle rap used ok....and that young fella lives where all theses things are what id say a distance away and best part of what was listed was only created in the last couple of months and would not be fully opened our operated yet..... so i would not accept your statement he is useing crime familys names:confused real raps are about creating the image from the environment he lives in and i would say thats the case with moyross so overall i would rate the whole situation as them being honest and true to themselfs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 nononsense

seachto.... how could u make statements? i myself think you either 1. have a serious problem with what way the moyross people are going about running things 2. you sound like the typical hypocrite that hangs around the outskirts of Limerick 3. when you say crindge worthy put your meaning forward because i actually think you either have to look back up the dictionary. or your just really trying to type in key words to find an applause from boards. because i did not see anything that looked so crindge worthy that your saying it was by any chance when you say white boy are you racist? because everything you typed looked wrong or is it just me.... what i seen is reality in limerick there isn't exactly a halo,over Moyross or any other estate in Ireland.that you can say these lads were whatever you mean. i loved the parts when he was having a laugh and a joke. good limerick humour so please take your head out of the clouds... i suppose you could be from Dublin? because he had a joke with Alan about the toy show and he wouldn't use the 02 arena he would rather Thomond park i think the young lad could of represented Limerick with a better style of freestyle rap? but he would of been false to himself so there is no winning solution to getting something across to you because your top heavy on limerick for some good damn reason that i said above? i think the lads did a fine good job representing themselves well done guys......

big pink why are you so bothered what them people have???

well said my friend, well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭BigBenRoeth

Wouldn't you be delighted with that shíte at 8 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

ah by de kiid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

nononsense wrote: »
    seachto.... how could u make statements? i myself think you either 1. have a serious problem with what way the moyross people are going about running things 2. you sound like the typical hypocrite that hangs around the outskirts of Limerick 3. when you say crindge worthy put your meaning forward because i actually think you either have to look back up the dictionary. or your just really trying to type in key words to find an applause from boards. because i did not see anything that looked so crindge worthy that your saying it was by any chance when you say white boy are you racist? because everything you typed looked wrong or is it just me.... what i seen is reality in limerick there isn't exactly a halo,over Moyross or any other estate in Ireland.that you can say these lads were whatever you mean. i loved the parts when he was having a laugh and a joke. good limerick humour so please take your head out of the clouds... i suppose you could be from Dublin? because he had a joke with Alan about the toy show and he wouldn't use the 02 arena he would rather Thomond park i think the young lad could of represented Limerick with a better style of freestyle rap? but he would of been false to himself so there is no winning solution to getting something across to you because your top heavy on limerick for some good damn reason that i said above? i think the lads did a fine good job representing themselves well done guys......

I'm from Limerick. Ok, when I say cringeworthy, what I meant was it was a young fella from Limerick doing a really sh*t job of rap. I can't take anyone seriously from Ireland who "raps" but each to their own...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭notonlybutalso

it was a crap segment on a crap tv show. I agree irish ppl just shouldnt rap. The accent doesnt sound right. To be honest i felt the young lad seemed like a wannabe scobe. And the older guy harping on about how much he loves limerick, we all love our hometown, but he was making it out to be this fantastic place which its far from!

Advertisement