Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Airlines Flight 587

Options
  • 27-08-2010 3:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been covered before, I'm new here.

- -

This is one 'crash' which I have always had trouble believing was just an accident.

It happened just over two months after 9/11, right in the heart of the New York suburb of Queens.

Al Qaeda took responsibility at one point.

260 passengers were killed and yet to this day, the crash is rarely mentioned in the media.

Nov12Flight587AerialFire.jpg

587crash.jpg

US Government blamed Pilot trainer error and over used rudders.

Was the date and location all just a coincidence?

I myself believe it was a shoe bomber.

What says you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

I see no evidence of a plane in those photos, and the video contains what looks suspiciously like a CGI-modelled plane. My verdict is that it was a controlled explosion in Queens, with planted 'witnesses' to distract from the truth.

Or, given that Airbus, American Airlines and the pilot's union all seem to be agreement that there were 'issues' with the tail rudder on those planes, maybe it just crashed for the stated reasons?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

US Government blamed Pilot trainer error and over used rudders.

Was the date and location all just a coincidence?

I myself believe it was a shoe bomber.

What says you?
    I think that had it been a shoe bomber then there would have been reports of such.
    The generaly idea of flase flag terror(the most common theme of terror related topics in CT's), is that you plan to crash the plane and then pretend there were terrorists responsible and use the reaction from the public as justification for you actions following the incident.

I think that in this case it was most probably an accident, although I'm open to correction.
    I see no evidence of a plane in those photos, and the video contains what looks suspiciously like a CGI-modelled plane. My verdict is that it was a controlled explosion in Queens, with planted 'witnesses' to distract from the truth.
    Do we have to see this stuff in every thread now?

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Do we have to see this stuff in every thread now?

What? You don't like the standard CT quality of critique?

alastair wrote: »
    What? You don't like the standard CT quality of critique?

I think you're the only one laughing Alastair.
    If you want to discuss that topic the thread is still there for you to do so.

Glazers Out!

I'm discussing this topic. It's you who has gone off topic, and now dragged me off too - shame on you!

• Advertisement

alastair wrote: »
    I'm discussing this topic. It's you who has gone off topic, and now dragged me off too - shame on you!

Yeah, that's what happened:rolleyes:

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

What's the problem with Alastair's explanation?

I dont see a plane in those photos. Do you see a plane? Looks much more like a controlled explosion. Also jet fuel doesnt burn with that colour. The agenda in the post 9-11 Bush administration was to keep the populus/sheeple 'on edge', fearful. This was part of that plan. I hear that the real plane was brought to a to a secret US military facility in Idaho where the passengers were killed along with the passengers in the other so called 9-11 planes.

Oh and also, that suburb in Queens where the plane crashed? You know who works there? You guessed it; GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES; perfectly placed stooges who acted as 'witnesses' to the so called 'crash'. A little too convenient if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

If you watch the video, the fuselage is visible in some of the scenes.

tallus wrote: »

Sure, but obviously the video footage was edited in realtime by the Bush Administration so as to include the fuselage. Its pretty straightforward with the right technology.

tallus wrote: »

A fuselage is shown alright (1:12), but that's after the crash, it's missing the AA livery and looks flat green in colour - just like a MILITARY PLANE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I think that had it been a shoe bomber then there would have been reports of such.

Well, there was this:
    November 2001 plane crash (A A flight 587) Queens, NY was AL QAIDA operation

Stewart Bell National Post ( CANADA)

August 27, 2004

A captured al-Qaeda operative has told Canadian intelligence investigators that a Montreal man who trained in Afghanistan alongside the 9/11 hijackers was responsible for the crash of an American Airlines flight in New York three years ago.

Canadian Security Intelligence Service agents were told during five days of interviews with the source that Abderraouf Jdey, a Canadian citizen also known as Farouk the Tunisian, had downed the plane with explosives on Nov. 12, 2001.

The source claimed Jdey had used his Canadian passport to board Flight 587 and "conducted a suicide mission" with a small bomb similar to the one used by convicted shoe bomber Richard Reid, a "Top Secret" Canadian government report says.

But officials said it was unlikely Jdey was actually involved in the crash, which killed 265 people and is considered accidental. The fact that al-Qaeda attributed the crash to Jdey, however, suggests they were expecting him to attack a plane.

"We have seen no evidence of anything other than an accident here," said Ted Lopatkiewicz, spokesman for the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board. "There has been no evidence found, from what I can tell -- at least that's been relayed to us -- that there was any criminality involved here. It appears, at least the evidence we have, is that a vertical fin came off, not that there was any kind of event in the cabin."

Jdey, 39, came to Canada from Tunisia in 1991 and became a citizen in 1995. Shortly after getting his Canadian passport, he left for Afghanistan and trained with some of the Sept. 11 hijackers, according to the 9/11 commission in the United States.

He recorded a "martyrdom" video, but was dropped from the 9/11 mission after returning to Canada in the summer of 2001. The planner of the World Trade Center attack, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, claims Jdey was recruited for a "second wave" of suicide attacks.

The FBI issued an alert seeking Jdey's whereabouts in 2002. John Ashcroft, the U.S. Attorney-General, told a news conference in May that Jdey was one of seven al-Qaeda associates "sought in connection with the possible terrorist threats in the United States."

The information on Jdey's alleged role in the plane crash is contained in a memo on captured Canadian al-Qaeda operative Mohammed Mansour Jabarah. The Canadian government memo was written in May, 2002, and was based on information provided by a "source of unknown reliability."

Jabarah is a 22-year-old from St. Catharines who allegedly joined al-Qaeda and convinced Osama bin Laden to give him a terror assignment. He was tasked with overseeing a suicide-bombing operation in Southeast Asia, but was caught and has since pleaded guilty in the United States.

The report, which was sent to the Philippine National Police intelligence directorate, recounts what Jabarah said he was told about the U.S. plane crash by Abu Abdelrahman, a Saudi al-Qaeda member who was working for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed.

"In discussions, Abu Abdelrahman mentioned AL QAIDA was responsible for the assassination of Massoud, the Northern Alliance leader," the report says. "According to the source, Abu Abdelrahman added that the 12 November 2001 plane crash (btb American Airlines flight 587) in Queens, New York was not an accident as reported in the press but was actually an AL QAIDA operation.

"Abu Abdelrahman informed Jabarah that Farouk the Tunisian conducted a suicide mission on the aeroplane using a shoe bomb of the type used by Richard Reid .... 'Farouk the Tunisian' was identified from newspaper photographs as being identical to Abderraouf Jdey, a Canadian citizen who had resided in Montreal."

Jabarah was initially suspect of the claim about Jdey, but he later believed it after he saw the same information on a "mujahedin Web site," the report says.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Well, there was this:

Yeah right; there is no way that a bunch of guys in a cave could have organised this attack. Open your eyes.

drkpower wrote: »
    Yeah right; there is no way that a bunch of guys in a cave could have organised this attack. Open your eyes.

They are open. I find it hard to type when they're not.

Oh, I dunno:

I don't see a conspiracy here as I said earlier, but the replies have been for the most part taking the piss. It's a poor reflection on those posting.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Perhaps there were several free thinkers on that flight.

I don't see a conspiracy here as I said earlier, but the replies have been for the most part taking the piss. It's a poor reflection on those posting.

Hey you can continue to be blind if you want, be one of the sheeple who just does what they are told. Its pretty obvious this was an INSIDE JOB; the evidence is all there; all you need to do is look at it.

Hey you can continue to be blind if you want, be one of the sheeple who just does what they are told. Its pretty obvious this was an INSIDE JOB; the evidence is all there; all you need to do is look at it.

Why are you posting that nonsense?
    Are you really that bored?

Glazers Out!

Why are you posting that nonsense?
    Are you really that bored?

You may feel that the possibility of AA Flight 587 being planned by the Bush Administartion is 'nonsense'. I would ask you to consider why there has been no full independent public inquiry into this incdent; why Bush & Cheney havent been called to give evidence to such an Inquiry; why we have NEVER seen the video footage of the plane crashing (I mean there must be tons of CC footage of the moment of impact - but noone has released the image; NOONE).

If you are happy to accept what the Goverment and media are telling you on this, that's fine, but my eyes are open and I can see what's going on. Do you have any answers to the questions I have posed above? Didnt think so....

You may feel that the possibility of AA Flight 587 being planned by the Bush Administartion is 'nonsense'. I would ask you to consider why there has been no full independent public inquiry into this incdent; why Bush & Cheney havent been called to give evidence to such an Inquiry; why we have NEVER seen the video footage of the plane crashing (I mean there must be tons of CC footage of the moment of impact - but noone has released the image; NOONE).

If you are happy to accept what the Goverment and media are telling you on this, that's fine, but my eyes are open and I can see what's going on. Do you have any answers to the questions I have posed above? Didnt think so....

So are we to believe that you've gone from being a sceptic to a full blown tin foil hat wearing "CTer"?
    Or are you just being sarcastic?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

This is also quite interesting:
    FLIGHT 587 WITNESSES BLAST FEDS January 7, 2002

-- New Yorkers who believe they saw American Airlines Flight 587 explode in flames before its tail sheared off have accused crash investigators of ignoring their eyewitness accounts and prematurely ruling out a terrorist attack.

Six witnesses, including a recently retired police lieutenant, an FDNY deputy chief and a former firefighter, have written to the National Transportation Safety Board, demanding they be called to testify at a public hearing.

Tom Lynch, 59, a retired firefighter, said he had also spoken to 18 other people who saw the Airbus A300 flying on fire before it crashed into houses in Belle Harbor, Queens, on Nov. 12, killing 265 people.

"The NTSB is not publicly acknowledging the many eyewitness accounts of the in-flight fire or explosion, many from people who are adamant that the fire occurred before any tail or engine breakups," he told The Post.

Lynch, who organized the letter, said he was standing on Rockaway Beach Boulevard when he saw a bright orange ball of flame streaming from the right side of the plane. Two or three seconds later, he said, he saw a larger eruption of flames consuming the entire right side of the plane's fuselage.

"There were no falling parts until the second explosion of flames - I'll go to my grave with that," he said.

The witnesses said they were surprised NTSB Chairwoman Marion Blakey was able to say, only hours after the crash, that all indications pointed to an accident, rather than a terrorist attack.

"How could that statement be made while the flight-data recorder had not been recovered, the crash-investigation team had not yet showed up and initial eyewitness reports included many accounts of one or two explosions in flight?"

Lynch said. Another witness not involved with Lynch's group, Michael Benjamin, said he saw a huge orange fire engulfing the front third of the plane's right side while he was driving along Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn with his wife and two children. Benjamin, who works for the Oversight, Analysis and Investigations Committee of the state Assembly, said he had attempted to contact the NTSB but had not received a return call.

Preliminary reports written by the NTSB have not mentioned in-flight explosions, but have focused on air turbulence, the composite materials used to build the jet's vertical tail, and sudden rudder movements.

An NTSB spokesman said more than 200 eyewitness accounts had been recorded and were being considered as part of the investigation. But he said if the NTSB decided to conduct a public hearing, it would most likely seek opinions from air-safety and aeronautical-design experts rather than witnesses.

The people who signed the letter, in addition to Lynch, are retired NYPD Officer James Conrad, FDNY Deputy Chief Peter Hayden, retired transit cop Richard Kvies, sales manager John Power and food-services manager Ellie Scholfield.

So are we to believe that you've gone from being a sceptic to a full blown tin foil hat wearing "CTer"?
    Or are you just being sarcastic?

You can believe what you want.
    Just because you are blind to the truth of this INSIDE JOB doesnt mean you can attack me for not being like you and the rest of the sheeple.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Get over yourselves.. seriously. If ye can't discuss things on their own merit and are only interested in 1-upping each other then piss off to the Thunderdome.

The OP stated that this is the first time he's posted here.. if your wish is to put everyone off posting in this forum then carry on.. I don't know what you'll expend your energy on once that happens mind.. maybe get a parrot and argue with that all day?

Get over yourselves.. seriously. If ye can't discuss things on their own merit and are only interested in 1-upping each other then piss off to the Thunderdome.

The OP stated that this is the first time he's posted here.. if your wish is to put everyone off posting in this forum then carry on.. I don't know what you'll expend your energy on once that happens mind.. maybe get a parrot and argue with that all day?

Nail on the head there.
    It must be disapointing for the OP to have a smart ass reply staright away and then see almost the entire thread be chocked full of smart ass youtubes clips etc....
    This forum was going great for a long time, it doesn't seem to be the case at the moment though, mores the pity.:(

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Nail on the head there.
    It must be disapointing for the OP to have a smart ass reply staright away and then see almost the entire thread be chocked full of smart ass youtubes clips etc....
    This forum was going great for a long time, it doesn't seem to be the case at the moment though, mores the pity.:(

It was going great when everyone was agreeing with each other and thanking everyone for the latest crackpot theory, but then when conspiracy theorists are challenged to provide evidence its not the case anymore?

It was going great when everyone was agreeing with each other and thanking everyone for the latest crackpot theory, but then when conspiracy theorists are challenged to provide evidence its not the case anymore?

Not what I was saying.
    Sceptics are a good addition to the forum.
    As long they don't constantly derail threads and treat other users like something they stepped in.
    This thread is a joke.
    The OP posted a topic that warranted serious discussion, and straight away your friend Alastair started taking the piss and talking about other threads in an attempt to belittle and undermind the OP.
    This whole thread has been a series of back slapping smarmy in jokes for the sceptics (at least the daft ones).

Glazers Out!

Not what I was saying.
    Sceptics are a good addition to the forum.
    As long they don't constantly derail threads and treat other users like something they stepped in.
    This thread is a joke.
    The OP posted a topic that warranted serious discussion, and straight away your friend Alastair started taking the piss and talking about other threads in an attempt to belittle and undermind the OP.
    This whole thread has been a series of back slapping smarmy in jokes for the sceptics (at least the daft ones).

I thought if was funny :)
    Maybe the conspiracy theorists could learn from it, and do some actual research into their claims instead of just calling everyone who doesn't believe it and sheeple and telling them to wake up

The worst thing is, even though they were taking the piss, they were more convincing than some theories posted here :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

if it were a shoe bomber why the cover up. The bush adminstration would have milked it for its "war on terror"

I believe it was a genunie crash

I thought if was funny smile.gif

If what was funny?
    Maybe the conspiracy theorists could learn from it, and do some actual research into their claims instead of just calling everyone who doesn't believe it and sheeple and telling them to wake up

Perhaps the sceptics could see beyond the ends of their noses on some topics as well.
    The worst thing is, even though they were taking the piss, they were more convincing than some theories posted here eek.gif

No it's not. Then worst thing is that the piss taking was allowed to happen in the first place.
    If you've got such a problem with people having different opinions that you feel don't make sense, the problem is really with you than the CT crowd.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

If what was funny?
    I thougth it was funny I meant to say
    Perhaps the sceptics could see beyond the ends of their noses on some topics as well.
    Maybe they could if conspiracy theorists provided some evidence or proper thought out theories, instead of a random youtube video that your a sheep if you don't believe.
    No it's not. Then worst thing is that the piss taking was allowed to happen in the first place.
    If you've got such a problem with people having different opinions that you feel don't make sense, the problem is really with you than the CT crowd.
    Don't have a problem. The burden of proof in on the person providing the theory. The posters with a sense of humour have gone up in my book. Sounds as much like you have a problem with people disagreeing if you can't handle a bit of sarcasm.

Advertisement