Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Wifi

Options
  • 27-08-2010 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

does BCFE have free wifi or wifi at all in the college? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

rob88 wrote: »
    does BCFE have free wifi or wifi at all in the college? thanks
    Yup, it's free, it's in the canteen and some classrooms.

To access it,in firefox you might have to go to your tools - options - advanced - network - (Connection)settings

manual proxy

192.168.1.253 or 192.168.1.254 port 8080
    Tick use for all

It's a bit poxy at times :P You might have to do this on some of the actual BCFE computers, but there is usually a sign up saying how to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭rob88

cheers, i'll prob be using safari or something, i'll get it sorted somehow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah its very bad at times,I wouldnt be relying on it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 31 blueboy123

Two years in the college and never once got it to work :D as already said, not the most dependable.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Bill_Le_Viking

On registration they couldnt connect the laptops to the aul webbernets ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

sounds about right for ballyer ha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'm using it at the moment (sitting in the social area) and it's thundering along nicely.

Dead handy to set up in firefox... 192.168.1.253:8080 being the proxy server, and going at good speed at the moment... handy as well that I use google chrome for all other browsing and just firefox for here so don't have to change my settings every day... :)

do u have to bring ur computer(iphone in my case) to get it virus tested before they let you use it or something? thats what i heard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

In the two years I was there it worked every time.

do u have to bring ur computer(iphone in my case) to get it virus tested before they let you use it or something? thats what i heard

No.

Unless its a new policy for 2010/11/.
    I doubt it though.

• Advertisement

No, you don't.

how do i get it working? i have full signal on my iphone but it doesnt ask for a password or anything? and still doesnt work?

Proxy settings.

Mentioned above.

how do i get it working? i have full signal on my iphone but it doesnt ask for a password or anything? and still doesnt work?

I don't see why you'd want to set it up on your iPhone really. Would be more a pain to have to input the proxy settings when there and deactivate them when you're not there. It's not like you can work on college assignments on your iPhone anyway.

Just use one of the college PCs or bring in a laptop/netbook with firefox set up with the proxy settings mentioned above.

Advertisement