Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughree Power Plant Strike

Options
  • 27-08-2010 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭

Seriously whats the story with them...

They were given jobs meanwhile the repairs were carried out and now their striking cause they missed few hours of overtime?

Really think thats a bit sad!

Really i dont see the reason of their strike...if the repairs werent carried out the plant would have been closed completely and they would have been made redundant completely so wtf?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭SeanW

The power plant is a glorified welfare scheme, an inefficient, non-viable, environmentally disasterous waste of money subsidised by PSO obligations on everyones electricity bills.

****ers should be thankful they have jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

my point :)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Their a bunch of overpaid loosers. I work for Bord na Mona and these guys in the transport section are the highest paid in the company. All they seem to do is complain about how hard they have it. Their now threating our jobs if the strike becomes offical. Seeing how we are in a union if it becomes a legitamate strike then we will all have to down tools as well. Would love to just run them all over the ungrateful bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

somuj wrote: »
    Their a bunch of overpaid loosers. I work for Bord na Mona and these guys in the transport section are the highest paid in the company. All they seem to do is complain about how hard they have it. Their now threating our jobs if the strike becomes offical. Seeing how we are in a union if it becomes a legitamate strike then we will all have to down tools as well. Would love to just run them all over the ungrateful bastards

well i know to see every single one of them...used to hang out in the pub with alot of them being around and play pool with them...well all they do is finish work and go to the pub...

guess thats what they need more money for

Advertisement