Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Text Messaging Problem

Options
  • 27-08-2010 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hello the internet!

I'm just after moving over to Australia, been here about a week now, and I've been texting the girlfriend a lot of the time. For some reason, the other day, my texts stopped sending to her and I haven't been able to text her since.

Here's the strange part. I have credit, I'm able to text other people at home, and my mate that I'm over here with (who is on the same network as me) is able to text her. Neither of us have changed anything on our phones recently, the text messages just stopped sending.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

did you change any settings?

i think ringing your network carrier would be more useful at troubleshooting this :)

did you try restarting the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

Yeah I tried both of those and no luck.. Same for herself!

I'll check with my carrier and see if they have any ideas! I can't get over how non-sense making the problem is though. The fact that I can send texts to other people back home, and that she can receive texts from my mate that's over here with me. It's really making my brains hurt :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Hello the internet!

I'm just after moving over to Australia, been here about a week now, and I've been texting the girlfriend a lot of the time. For some reason, the other day, my texts stopped sending to her and I haven't been able to text her since.

Here's the strange part. I have credit, I'm able to text other people at home, and my mate that I'm over here with (who is on the same network as me) is able to text her. Neither of us have changed anything on our phones recently, the text messages just stopped sending.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hey,

Not all mobile operators have agreements with each other especially with bigger distances between them (Routing costs etc), normally alot of messages slip through the loop until the receiving operator notices the traffic.

Can you tell me the Australian & Irish operators and can let you know if this is the case.

I was able to text her fine when I got here for about a week and then it just stopped! I'm on the Three network and she's on Meteor.

Here's another strange addition to the problem. If I go into my phone book, scroll to her number and then select to send a text from that menu it works fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

I was able to text her fine when I got here for about a week and then it just stopped! I'm on the Three network and she's on Meteor.

Here's another strange addition to the problem. If I go into my phone book, scroll to her number and then select to send a text from that menu it works fine!
    Are you definitely entering the country code when you type in her number??

Other than human error, it sounds baffling.

• Advertisement

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Are you definitely entering the country code when you type in her number??

Other than human error, it sounds baffling.

Tell me about it!
    Yeah I'm definitely entering everything right! Sure the text wouldn't send at all if I wasn't!

Think it's time to break out the old exorcism book!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

What phone is she using? Some phones have an option to screen calls and text from certains numbers, working for one if the networks I've seen a fair few people accidentally do it a fair few times?

Gillo wrote: »
    What phone is she using? Some phones have an option to screen calls and text from certains numbers, working for one if the networks I've seen a fair few people accidentally do it a fair few times?

She's using a Nokia something or other! Can't remember the model off the top of my head!

The problem seems to have fixed itself for now though.. Fingers crossed it just doesn't come back!

Cheers to all for the replies though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Same thing happened to me over there. I bought a Vodafone sim and he GF bought an Irish Vodafone sim at home. That worked then...

Advertisement