Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aeg vs spring

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

€80 will not buy you a good quality piece. Airsoft devices tend to run up quite a bill, but it's worth it. If you buy cheap, odds are you'll buy the more expensive one later as well.

My advice is to save up a little bit longer, and buy quality. You'll be looking at in and around €200

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭onemanwolfpack

i know that ill buy a more expensive one later but for a starter i am on a budget.
    which assault rifle would you buy from the budget section if you had no other choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Seriously, if money's that tight, you can't afford to waste 80 quid, so if I were you I'd hang onto it until you can buy a decent starter gun. Throwing away what you've got on a piece of crap that'll just ruin your days out airsofting and cause you endless frustration means that if you even still like the idea of airsoft afterwards, you'll need to start saving from scratch.

I'd advise that in the meantime you rent a gun when you go and play - you'll get a better one and if it stops working you can quickly swap it for another from the rental locker.

Anyway, the answer to the broad question of "electric or springer or gas for my first airsoft gun" is always electric, because it's by far the most flexible, you can play any role you like with it from in-your-face assault to sneaky one-shot-one-kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If you want to play airsoft, money spent on that low end gear will be money wasted, you cant play the game with it, you are better off with a rental as said above.

For 100 you could pick something up second hand in the adverts section of this forum that would be useable.

That 'budget' stuff is for a laugh at home, its not skirmishable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I would hold off as the guys have said above and save up 200 euro or so. That'll get you an AEG thats decent quality and you can even upgrade it down the line. If your really itching to get out most sites will have rental AEgs available for use. You could give that a try.

Spring Assault rifles are a waste of time. Spring Sniper rifles are very enjoyable if you know what your getting yourself into.

My advice; Save up 200 euro. Buy a decent quality AEG and enjoy the game the way its ment to be played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭kingsofleon

spring = Fail
    AEG = Ownage.

Save up dude, or ask in adverts airsoft soft section for a second hand gun for 80.

gud luk man... dont go for springer man ... dont

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭onemanwolfpack

alright i have decided that im gonna save up 160 euro and buy a jg g36c from eirsoft. another thing i might do is buy off of a wholesale site like www.rsov.com and get the same gun for 80 euro with 10-15 euro postage and packaging . thanks for the help guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Just be careful buying in from abroad because you may well get stung for customs charges which'll add a fair bit to the price, and it may get brought off for testing. And of course if it's over the legal power limit it'll get destroyed. So make sure they'll downgrade to Irish limits before they ship if you're ordering from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

And theres no way shipping will be €10-15. You'll be looking at around €60-70 for shipping on an AEG. They also add the shipping cost onto the price of the gun when calculating VAT etc. so your €80 gun is now €150+21%=€181.50. And thats not taking into account customs duty (I think its 3.5%) and the couriers "admin fees" (which is different for every company but in and around €10).

Just something to bear in mind before you make the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

And it has to be downgraded as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yep..those springers in the budget section are only for your backyard.
    Save the money towards a proper AEG and pick up one on boards...
    And I wouldn't bother buying one from abroad yet...by the time you add on shipping+vat and the risk of customs seizing it, it's not worth it.
    For instance I picked up a nice M4 of Deburca for €135,,it's a TM body with CA internals and dboys and perfect for a backup to my magpull plus my brother uses it as his main one...
    You can get some nice bargains here :)

Here's an example below

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056016830

Just to clarify...Springs are only good when used in a Sniper rifle as they have the same 1J power as the AEG's plus they're extra barrel length gives them an increased ranged etc with the help of some upgrades..
    Those springer M4s etc you linked to are crap as they're only 0.5j and you'd be lucky to reach 20 yards with them ,

so Spring Sniper Rifle- :)
    Spring AEG :(
    Spring Pistol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭kingsofleon

onemanwolfpack

Good to hear tat mate.
    Let me give you 2 tips.

1. Get them to down grade it to 320FPS
    2. Make sure you get it shipped Via DHL Express.

You dont have to have many probs gettin it here.
    Also they have a sexy M4 here http://www.rsov.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=5058

That seems to crono at a 320FPS which is sweet and its an eletric blow back in which gives it an extra edge to airsoft.

Thanks mate and gud luk in gettin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭alan_murray

hi onemanwolfpack, i got a ak spetsnaz with 2 mags and 8.4 battery and charger.i got it from hobby skirmished 5 times works great can sell ye it for 100 euro, if your interested

Advertisement