Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fee's

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭

i know its been asked upteen times on here and browsing a few threads cant seem to find a solid answer, doh i plan to ring around a bit in the morn to find out what i can :)

did first year in college 3 years but didnt complete it as i join the gardai, after 2 years with them ive decided that its not for me and wish to go back to college and start again from scratch in a new course.

question is would i just have to pay year one fee's or would i have to pay the whole lot, i wouldnt be entitled to a BTEA it seems.

or would i be in line with , as i only did around 7 months of first year.

What will the cost be if I dropped out of first year in Course A and will be reapplying to Course B this year?

You will have to pay the costs of Course B for this year (assuming you completed one year of Course A) and then your 'free fees' will kick in for second year. If you dropped out halfway through first year in Course A, you will only have to pay half the cost of Course B, and then the fees will be paid for the remaining 2.5 or 3.5 or 4.5 years (depending on the length of the course).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

TechnoPool wrote: »
    i know its been asked upteen times on here and browsing a few threads cant seem to find a solid answer, doh i plan to ring around a bit in the morn to find out what i can :)

did first year in college 3 years but didnt complete it as i join the gardai, after 2 years with them ive decided that its not for me and wish to go back to college and start again from scratch in a new course.

question is would i just have to pay year one fee's or would i have to pay the whole lot, i wouldnt be entitled to a BTEA it seems.

or would i be in line with , as i only did around 7 months of first year.

What will the cost be if I dropped out of first year in Course A and will be reapplying to Course B this year?

You will have to pay the costs of Course B for this year (assuming you completed one year of Course A) and then your 'free fees' will kick in for second year. If you dropped out halfway through first year in Course A, you will only have to pay half the cost of Course B, and then the fees will be paid for the remaining 2.5 or 3.5 or 4.5 years (depending on the length of the course).

One years fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    One years fees

Advertisement