Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grants year 2 and 3

Options
  • 26-08-2010 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I attended a course in UCD in 07/08 I didn't complete year 1 due to illness. I'm now returning this year to pursue an arts degree. I know I have to pay full fees this year and I'm not eligible for a grant but will I be eligible in year 2 and 3?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on my situation :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,991 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

nebula21 wrote: »
    Hi,

I attended a course in UCD in 07/08 I didn't complete year 1 due to illness. I'm now returning this year to pursue an arts degree. I know I have to pay full fees this year and I'm not eligible for a grant but will I be eligible in year 2 and 3?

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on my situation :)
    You probably will be but no-one here can answer that question because A we don't know what your financial circumstances are and B the rules change from year to year. I do think you should apply

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nebula21

thanks very much for the reply. Sorry I actually worded the question wrong. what I meant was would I be eligible to apply. I understand requirements etc change. I no presently I am eligible to recieve one just cant because its my second time doing first year, But from what you say I should be able to apply next year and provided I meet requirements I'd be eligible.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭- bo -

You're definitely entitled to apply from 2nd year onwards - I was in a Level 8 course in Dundalk IT in 05/06 and also didn't complete it due to a spell in hospital.

I tried to apply for one when I started in Athlone IT in 08/09 but they didn't approve it, but I got one for 2nd year last year and got my renewal form a few weeks ago for 3rd year.

Godd luck getting it!

Advertisement