Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community Work

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

SineadCork wrote: »
    Anyone doing community work in TY this year..???:P

work experience??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

SineadCork wrote: »
    Anyone doing community work in TY this year..???:P

Yeah, we get a choice between helping old people, and helping homeless people..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭.SONIC.

DylanS09 wrote: »
    Yeah, we get a choice between helping old people, and helping homeless people..

pfffft, were teenagers, why would we be helping people???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SineadCork

No community work :P hahaa im actually looking forward too it! yea we were giving a load of things to choose from, im just gonna do cspca or something.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Yeah, got assigned to mine today.

Helping out in St John Of Gods (Carmona Services) until christmas, from 9-12.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

We've to do Gaisce so I need to think up some community work :/
    I wanna help the dog shelter but ya gotta be 17 >_<

Shurrr Ill find something..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

deise_girl wrote: »
    We've to do Gaisce so I need to think up some community work :/
    I wanna help the dog shelter but ya gotta be 17 >_<

Shurrr Ill find something..

No, you don't?

I'm doing work experience in the DSPCA this year, I'm sure community work would be pretty similar regarding age restrictions ect.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Kevin! wrote: »
    No, you don't?

I'm doing work experience in the DSPCA this year, I'm sure community work would be pretty similar regarding age restrictions ect.

The website says 17 but they might have allowances or something, Ill see sure :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

We do community work in a local "resource centre" (I think that's helping the elderly), a local hospital and a local day care centre. And I think we do some more on top of that...

Advertisement