Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under Nines Football?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi ALL,

Not really sure where to post this but I was wondering if anyone knows of any football teams in the D15 area or surrounding looking for new members, my son is looking to join a team and I guess now is a good time with most of the leagues starting around September.

He would be suitable for under nines (born in 2001)

Cheers.
    Jason

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

The under nines for Castleknock GAA club will be returning to training in the next fortnight. Try www.castleknock.net.

Regards,

Past30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

My brother is on the under nine's for St Mochta's. There is also other teams such as Castleknock Celtic, Santos 15, Hartstown United and Verona.

EDIT: Sorry it's not the under nines teams my brother plays for it's an older age group

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

Corduff FC have under 7, 8, 9, 10.
    They already had trials in July but they might still take new members. they have a great facility just beside The primary school in Corduff.
    BTW the under 7s are playing their first competitive game tonight against Mountview at 6 at the Mountview pitches.
    I'll be there cheering on my son

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    Corduff FC have under 7, 8, 9, 10.
    They already had trials in July but they might still take new members. they have a great facility just beside The primary school in Corduff.
    BTW the under 7s are playing their first competitive game tonight against Mountview at 6 at the Mountview pitches.
    I'll be there cheering on my son

My son is in Corduff and the facilities are second to none....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Go for the gaelic instead of the soccer. Better coaching, facilities and value for money instead of soccer. GAA at a later stage when they are older will stand to them better than soccer which is in a sorry state in this country.

Also the idea of "trials" (in soccer) for under 8s is a bit OTT at such a young age.

Thats a by the by. If they are young, as long as they are playing some sport, its a good thing.

Advertisement