Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seems there's more to come...

Options
  • 26-08-2010 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

From wikipedia;
    Speaking on BBC Radio 2, Craig Charles confirmed that two new series were being produced, and that filming begins in January 2011.[54] Chris Barrie revealed that the new series will be counted as series 10

Link

Beautiful, gonna be a killer wait though...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I don't know, these killer waits have had disappointing results before... I'm thinking maybe Red Dwarf is done... Series 8 was bad enough, and series "9"?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭4davis7

cant wait for that! even if its crap i just love watchin it
    theres rumour of a christmas special aswell but i doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I think they should just leave it as is. Dont bleed a dry stone, let us cherish the memories of when it was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

i cant wate so see what they do with it but first we'll have to brake out the box set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mayo_lad wrote: »
    i cant wate so see what they do with it but first we'll have to brake out the box set

I'm the same, the way some people go on you'd think there were no bad episodes from early/mid seasons. People seem to forget there were a few turkeys of old too, and in my opinion some genuine funnyness in later seasons. Either way, as I always say, any new Red Dwarf will be welcome on my tv set over the alternatives today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Tbh I thought it kept getting better, but the last effort (last year?) was dire. Left me wondering why they bothered. Didn't one of the original writers pop his cork? The writing definitely wasn't as good. Remember the episode where Kryton cooked lobster, the crew buggered off into a Pride & Prejudice AR and Kryton ended up in a T72 emerging from the lake, then blowing crap outta the gazebo. First time I saw that, I nearly pissed myself. Then later in the same episode when Kryton kept blowing his heads over Dave puttin brown sauce on lobster I nearly pmsl again. I wish I was wrong, but I doubt they can ever top episodes like that. The time Star Bug ended up a rats ass, or ....... too many good episodes to mention.....but you get my drift. Hate to say it, but its better left as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 scoobyjack

Yeah, the comeback episode was fairly pants. Really tried to like it, but it just seemed a bit forced.

The absence of a laughter track / audience was a mistake I thought. I wonder how much of an effect that could've had...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

So the cast confirm the series themselves but the official website says no. Seems a little suspicious to me to be honest and you'd wonder what is going on. Although hopefully Craig stops wasting his time hanging around Coronation Street and does something more with his life.

Craig Charles on Coronation St is like when they bring your favourite wrestler out of retirement and just get him to do lame background parts and jobber matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Don't think we'll ever get back to the days "Are you quite sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb"... The programme has well and truly "jumped the shark". Somewhere around the middle of series 7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

komodosp wrote: »
    Don't think we'll ever get back to the days "Are you quite sure, sir? It does mean changing the bulb"... The programme has well and truly "jumped the shark". Somewhere around the middle of series 7.

Agreed, but when it compares to whats on tv today, even the worst Red Dwarf show I'd watch any day of the week.

Season 5 & 6 were masterpieces, unfortunately its been sliding since then. It was a better show on a low budget, close quarter filming, good writing, cheap sfx...the CG effects of the later shows really felt 'seperate' to the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

New series to start filming in November :D

http://llewblog.squarespace.com/red-dwarf/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Sparks43 wrote: »
    New series to start filming in November :D

http://llewblog.squarespace.com/red-dwarf/

Finger crossed;)

Advertisement