Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave of absence

Options
  • 26-08-2010 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

What is the university's policy if someone (i.e. undergrad law) wants to take a leave of absence for a year? What is a "good enough" reason to do that? Is it common to do that?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Synthia123

hi,
    Im in the same position as you, I've done 2 years of my degree already and have 2 left but I'd like to defer for a year also. I'm wondering what a good enough reason would be also,
    but another thing I was thinking of was; if we register, does it mean that we HAVE to pay the fees? Or can you register and decide that you want to drop out after a few weeks into the semester and get away with not paying the fees?
    Also ,what happens if you don't register?

And does anyone know if the government will pay for 2 years of another degree for me if I drop out and do a different course? Or will I have to pay everything myself?
    thanx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

as long as its a legit reason it will be ok but they will ask for evidence to prove the reasons your giving
    its normally a board that meets up every so often who decide your case
    i do know that the board for science students next meet up is 2nd sept so if you fall in this category then get your letter in soon
    Synthia123 wrote: »
    And does anyone know if the government will pay for 2 years of another degree for me if I drop out and do a different course? Or will I have to pay everything myself?
    thanx
    if you have done 2 years and dropped out, then for the first 2 year of your new course you'll pay full fees but in some cases if the new course is of a higher level they will over look the previous college and pay from the beginning of the new course but this is rare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Synthia123

ok, thanx very much for your help

Advertisement