Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collecting Pokémon

Options
  • 26-08-2010 12:55pm

Am I the only person in Ireland that collects Pokémon merch? Every time I mention it to people they look at me like I've two heads and then seem to mentally equvocate me to a crazy cat lady - house floor to ceiling with Pokémon s|-|it. All I have are cards, small figures and a handful of teddies! And some of them are actually really valuable now. People collect all sorts of random stuff, I don't see how collecting something I grew up on should be frowned upon.
    So, does anyone else have a collection of little critters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

You should see Buzzthebatgirl's collection :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Pics or GTFO :D

^^Maybe laters if more people ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I collect lots of random Pokémon stuffs, I have quite a few plushies, loads of Gashapon figures, 3x151 T-shirts (one is for sale when we get it on eBay), TCG cards in several folders, posters, both copies of the Official Pokemon Magazine, various Manga, some Trading Figure Game figures, Charizard Hoodie and matching cap from the Pokémon Center, and some other random stuffs.

Nice to meet a fellow collector!
    Some randomness is in my video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0wj9zRQVXs

Slightly off topic, but are you going to Nom-Con this weekend? I have some random merch for prizes in the Pokémon tourny

I collect lots of random Pokémon stuffs, I have quite a few plushies, loads of Gashapon figures, 3x151 T-shirts (one is for sale when we get it on eBay), TCG cards in several folders, posters, both copies of the Official Pokemon Magazine, various Manga, some Trading Figure Game figures, Charizard Hoodie and matching cap from the Pokémon Center, and some other random stuffs.

Nice to meet a fellow collector!
    Some randomness is in my video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0wj9zRQVXs

Slightly off topic, but are you going to Nom-Con this weekend? I have some random merch for prizes in the Pokémon tourny
    No I work every weekend so I don't get time for Cons. And I have the same blastoise keychain as you! xD Forbidden Planet, yes? I'm jealous of your raichu stadium figure thingy, also.

My collection is really just raichu atm. I'll prolly make a proper start on my side collections soon.

Are you on the collectors LJ?

• Advertisement

No I work every weekend so I don't get time for Cons. And I have the same blastoise keychain as you! xD
    That's the problem with working weekends, kiss any real life good bye

I really like my Blastoise, it's great to show someone and then squirt water at them :)
    Forbidden Prices, yes? I'm jealous of your raichu stadium figure thingy, also.
    You made an error, I fixed it :p
    My collection is really just raichu atm. I'll prolly make a proper start on my side collections soon.

Are you on the collectors LJ?
    Oh god no. I'd only buy more stuff if I was on that site

Yeah, I know. I haven't had a proper social life in the past 2years. Though I have bought a ton of crap x3

Oooh thank you! Silly me not paying attention to what I'm typing.

Yeah I joined a couple of months ago and have seen my funds drop immensely. I'm actually waiting for a couple of parcels to arrive at this very moment *twiddles thumbs*

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

Once a upon a time, my brother and I used to collect the pokémon figurines we had loads of them but we were told to clear them, I still have a few but not many.

Most of my parcels have finally arrived. So now my collection doesn't feel so pathetic~
    Picture073.jpg
    It's still miniscule in comparison to Buzzthebatgirl's, but I'm really only interested in having lots of raichu. I have lots of other toys from when I was a kid, but they're mostly pokes I don't really like.
    I'm still waiting for some jolteon and houndoom kids to arrive, as well as a raichu pokecenter charm.

Most of my parcels have finally arrived. So now my collection doesn't feel so pathetic~
    Picture073.jpg
    It's still miniscule in comparison to Buzzthebatgirl's, but I'm really only interested in having lots of raichu. I have lots of other toys from when I was a kid, but they're mostly pokes I don't really like.
    I'm still waiting for some jolteon and houndoom kids to arrive, as well as a raichu pokecenter charm.
    You should make a Raichu Paperpoke to go in your collection :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement