Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone on here Bought the Playstation 3 Jailbreak

Options
  • 26-08-2010 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Just wondering have anyone on boards bought that Play Station Jailbreak ?

anyone ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I dont think any one on here is silly enough to buy it yet we want to wait for it to come down in price and see how it gets on if sony fight back and stop this from working its a lot of money waisted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ChuckNorrisgod

ah yeah its a lot of money but people will pay it if it works.

its on usb people are bound too find a way too release it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's not a standard thumbdrive, it's a cloned hardware/software combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

It's not a fancy USB stick. In fact I doubt it's even mass storage device compliant. Apparently it emulates a six port USB hub which disconnects and reconnects "devices" in sequence. There's a stack overflow somewhere there and somehow it manages to get the PS3 in debug mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Will it be release for free, most prob yes.

Will it be simple to create hardware once its in the public domain, I wouldn't say so.

• Advertisement

ah I get yeahs now.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    It's not a standard thumbdrive, it's a cloned hardware/software combination.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭djrlittleton

was on done deal earlier, http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/1522484

i am intrested in all this as i am tech but i dont even have a ps3 but 180 is steep i think

was on done deal earlier, http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/games/1522484

i am intrested in all this as i am tech but i dont even have a ps3 but 180 is steep i think

They are only taking orders, e180 is crazy money. The Celtic Tiger is still alive & well in some places it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

In half years time those will be 20e each. Its just pic chip with some program on it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

docentore wrote: »
    In half years time those will be 20e each. Its just pic chip with some program on it

ATmega chip that can emulate a USB hub with a program to sequentially plug in/out fake "devices" to overflow the system. I still agree on the price though :P

• Advertisement

LOL what jokers, always some trader in Ireland ready to make a quick.

Grabbing one of these early enough could be a good investment.
    http://www.pjrc.com/store/teensypp.html

180 for what ?

and what ad was up on done deal ?
    They are only taking orders, e180 is crazy money. The Celtic Tiger is still alive & well in some places it seems.

lol which one of yous reported the ad :D

Basically someone was advertising the PS3jailbreak which is probably never going to leave Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

was looking at some other forums. first clone which will hit europe (france) is supposed to cost €49.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭padraig91

nope this guy is working on porting the code so it can be uploaded to a programmable usb stick which costs about 20 euro so im just wating for him to release the code

also i would go for the x3 jailbreak before i would buy the psjailbreak because it is apprently only going to cost about 50 euro

sounds great

I wonder will santa be able too put a ps3 in my stocking
    padraig91 wrote: »
    nope this guy is working on porting the code so it can be uploaded to a programmable usb stick which costs about 20 euro so im just wating for him to release the code

also i would go for the x3 jailbreak before i would buy the psjailbreak because it is apprently only going to cost about 50 euro

I've a USB dev board apparently coming to me next Monday, although I'm not optimistic about how reliable the arrival date is. There's a worldwide surge of sales of these things, so availability is sketchy at best. I'll post some details if & when I get it, of the exploit from start to finish. It will NOT however, include details of the backup manager, as I'll be using the official release with that disabled.

There's reports I've read (that I can't find now) of one of the upcoming clones having a PS1/2 feature, possibly in an update. Suppose I could give the EE circuits in my launch model a quick jolt some day :pac:

Its not complex to use, everyone should check out the PSX forums basically everyone is able to use the code there to install the files, and it seems as if every programmable board which uses a AT90USB is sold out and well for the teensy's they're backlogged till the end of the month, yes, this month, they'll be back in stock in october. So fun. Honestly I think I'll be purchasing the x3 or the ps3key, I think they only do them in bulk though, so, I may have to wait to see their distributor lists. Its sort of funny how the original won't be sold before the clones.

I've got both an Android phone and a PSP so i'm holding out (And helping out on the Android side of things).

I've got both an Android phone and a PSP so i'm holding out (And helping out on the Android side of things).

Really? In what capacity?

• Advertisement

Really? In what capacity?
    Not actively at the moment. Waiting for development to pick up and then i'll step in to help out, i'm a bit of an Android guru according to the guys on the boards.ie Android forum :p

Not actively at the moment. Waiting for development to pick up and then i'll step in to help out, i'm a bit of an Android guru according to the guys on the boards.ie Android forum :p

Our very own dev wizard :cool: Fair play.

Bagsee first beta test :p

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65246

Android is looking far more promising and far more substantial now than the PSP effort.

What coding is all of the development done in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

My cousin put the files on his N900 and uses that instead, he's been renting games from lovefilm, and backing them up to his Hdd.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    My cousin put the files on his N900 and uses that instead, he's been renting games from lovefilm, and backing them up to his Hdd.

Thats illegal man, I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss that. Has anyone seen the possiblity of the SixAxis mod to allow you do the PSGroove through that? The only qualm I'd have about such a venture would be the possiblity of it ****ing up one of your controllers, which is more expensive than buyin a chip or even a clone of the real deal.

I'm still more likely to wait for the hack for the PSP to be released, they've got the driver to work on the PSP and have released a POC so its getting there ever so steadily, eavPSP got my hopes up far too soon on the development though.

DOC09UNAM wrote: »

You were already banned here this year, so you should be well aware of the forums guidelines. No posting about backups/ripping etc. Your cousin is breaking the law, we don't want to hear about it.

You were already banned here this year, so you should be well aware of the forums guidelines. No posting about backups/ripping etc. Your cousin is breaking the law, we don't want to hear about it.
    Then what is the point in this thread?

Anyone who says yes, will essentially be breaking the law and doing the same thing?

No they won't have. Backing up your own games is perfectly acceptable as is using homebrew software. Piracy is something else.

• Advertisement

And i'm sure thats everyone's intentions.

EnterNow, you can delete my post if you want, my bad.

Advertisement