Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying as independent or dependent grant applicant?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

Filling out the grant application form at the moment (very late I know) as I am returning to college to do a masters.

THe guidelines state that if I have been living independently from my parent since Oct 2009 I can apply as an independent. The thing is that I lived in with friends in town from August 08 until a couple of months ago. Does the fact that I am living with my parents now, mean that I can not apply as an independent applicant?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

you should apply as independent, the grant is based on your circumstances in 2009, not your present one.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Do you have any bills in your name from Oct 2009?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭a7k10rf6z8buel

Should be able to get bills from our broadband/tv provider. Other bills such as ESB weren't in my name though...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Tv/Broadband should be good enough. Apply as independent and use this bill from Oct 2009 as proof.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Barlett

When did you finish your degree because you must be three years out of university before you can be classed as an independent mature student. Otherwise you'll have to apply as a dependent mature student, it's a mad new rule they brought in this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement