Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to electric picnic?

Options
  • 26-08-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've just been on the phone to JJ Kavanagh and they won't be doing a bus to Electric Picnic this year :(. I'd been phoning for a few weeks and was told to keep checking back, but got the big fat No today.

Bummer, cos it was really handy last year, and I really want to avoid driving if I can.

Just wanted to hear how people are getting there this year from Waterford. Anyone know of any other buses that are going?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Practice, practice, and more practice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Sean Maher coaches have a bus running as far as i know..25 euro a head

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is that return? I'm looking for a way up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

snuggles09 wrote: »
    Sean Maher coaches have a bus running as far as i know..25 euro a head

Thanks snuggles09, I'll give them a bell :)

Well, I called Sean Maher's and they said they aren't doing one either.

Don't really know of any other coach companies, and they are probably only taking groups now at this stage.

Looks like I'll be driving so... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

There's buses from elsewhere going. You could always get the train/bus from Waterford to somewhere that is providing a bus to the picnic. A little convoluted but if you wanted to avoid bringing the car then it's an option that may not be too painful.
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/getting-here/take-a-bus-or-train/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

train to Portlaoise and then a shuttle bus to the site

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

does the waterford - dublin train stop at portlaoise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

does the waterford - dublin train stop at portlaoise?

one change at Kildare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Nolanger wrote: »
    Practice, practice, and more practice :P
    class:D:D

• Advertisement

I've been researching this all morning.

After doing some looking, I see that Wexford Bus are running a bus for €30 return to the event. You can get a Bus Eireann bus to Wexford for €7.20 each way (works out cheaper buying two singles rather than one return ticket). That bus also passes through Carlow and is €15 return if you get it from Carlow while the Bus Eireann ticket to Carlow is €11.70 return (this time it's cheaper to buy a return ticket).

If you get a Bus Eireann bus to Carlow and then get the connecting bus run by Wexford Bus then it works out as €26.70 return which is pretty good value I think. The tickets for Wexford Bus must be booked in advance: http://ticketapp2.ibooking.com/book.asp?id_prov=3147

[edit]Google tells me that it's a 17 minute walk from the Carlow Bus Depot to the pickup point of the Wexford Bus which is at the Talbot Hotel, so maybe not the best option if you're carrying a load of gear[/edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yehokhenan

Theres a bus eireann bus at 9.40 and 15.15 on the Friday that goes from Waterford to Athlone and stops in Stradbally. So says their website anyway.

So there is!!

I had no idea that service existed.

I've made arrangements to drive to a friends in Cork, and get the bus from there (decided not to drive back on Monday all hungover) - have my bus ticket bought and all. Wish I knew that beforehand.

Ah well, good to know for next year.

Anyone with a spare seat in their car? Bus would be horrific on the way up with all the stuff I have. Would obviously sort you out with petrol money and whatever cans fall out my bag on the way :p .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Bus Eireann Waterford to Athlone (route no 73) stops in Stradbally and Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bhoy29

Bus tickets for Electric Picnic 2016 are now up for sale on ticketmaster
    under Electric Picnic.

Advertisement