Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

info needed for my Galway trip this Sunday

Options
  • 26-08-2010 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Going to Co.Galway this Sunday (29th) for a quick visit. my 1st stop will be the lovely Kylemore abbey, but I only want to be there before they open their doors. they said they open at 10am, but I can only be there at 8am or even earlier - so can I still get into the car park then take some photos from the outside at that early time? dont want to get inside, few pics from the outside beside that small lake is fine.

my 2nd stop will be the big one!! somewhere I can do a 2-4 hours OCEAN FISHING!! ha! anyone knows where is the best place to do it? last time in Dingle was a lovely trip, caught lots haddocks. what I need to know is due to we are not gong to bring any rod with us, so we need to find a place that offers everything! boat, rod, etc. all we have to do is to pay! thats it. any good place to go? I prefer somewhere close to Kylemore (less than 1 hour driving and easy to go back to Dublin and Kildare afterwards). thanks!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Renvyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

Or Westport - less than an hour away.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

why not fish the dawros river in kylemore itself? Plenty of salmon this year by all accounts...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 FocusIreland

snow ghost wrote: »
    Renvyle.
    will try it. thanks. westport is good too but cant back to dublin easily afterwards.

fisherking wrote: »
    why not fish the dawros river in kylemore itself? Plenty of salmon this year by all accounts...

no rod with us this time so need to hire one boat + rods if we stay in kylemore to fish in the dawros river, although we ALL LOVE salmon.:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

no rod with us this time so need to hire one boat + rods if we stay in kylemore to fish in the dawros river, although we ALL LOVE salmon.:(:(:(

They have rods available at Kylemore Abbey for anglers, Redington rods IIRC.

Zzippy wrote: »
    They have rods available at Kylemore Abbey for anglers, Redington rods IIRC.

WOW!!!!!!! WILL STAY THERE SO!!!:D:D:D
    thanks.

btw, searched some webs found a good few boats. paste here in case some others may needed in the furture. BTW i took off all the tel numbers in case this is against the boards site policy.

Co.Galway sea angling skipper and boats:

Skipper:John Brittain, Boat Type:Cygnus Cyfish 42, Engine: n/a, Home Port:Clifden, Range:40 nautical miles;

Skipper: Pat Conneely, Boat Type:Lochin 40', Engine:Twin 350 HP, Home Port:Roundstone, Range:40 nautical miles;

Skipper:Kevin MacGabhann, Boat Type:Aquastar 43, Engine: n/a, Home Port:Spiddal, Range: 40 nautical miles;

Skipper:Shane Bisgood, Boat Type:South Boats Catamaran, Engine: Twin
    450 hp,Ivecos producing 24 kts,Home Port: Derryinver/Cleggan,Range: 60 nautical miles;

Skipper:Jim Kelly , Boat Type:Aquastar 43, Engine: Twin 300 HP Caterpilar,Home Port:Galway City Docks, Range:40 nautical miles;

Skipper:William Harte, Boat Type:Interceptor 38, Engine: 420 HP Caterpilar,Home Port:Galway City Docks, Range: n/a;

Skipper:Ray Dooley , Boat Type:Fastworker 26, Engine: 160 HP Turbo, Home Port:Galway City Docks, Range: n/a;

Deep Sea Angling on a 16m luxury boat. Boat charter per day: €500 Fishing: 10.00-18.00 hours @ €20 per person per day. Contact: Mr John Ryan. Address: Dun Aengus House, Sky Road, Clifden, Co. Galway;

Galway Bay Sea Angling skipper John McDonough

Advertisement