Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending video by E-mail

Options
  • 26-08-2010 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Whats the best format for sending Footage by email? Is it better to send it by email or better to upload it to youtube and just give a link?

And what happens if you send it someone with dial-up or mobile broadband?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

if they have windows send it by WMV if you dont want anyone else to see it, youtube is fine if not.

If they have dial up burn it to a disk and mail it to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

dacogawa wrote: »
    if they have windows send it by WMV if you dont want anyone else to see it, youtube is fine if not.

If they have dial up burn it to a disk and mail it to them

It would be for a lot of people. Its very short just a couple of minutes. I forgot about macs. What is the best format for different platforms

If someone who had dial tried to open the email would their browser crash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jk101

I normally send quicktimes or mp4s, no complaints so far! You can sign up to yousentit.com...you are able to send emails up to 100mb and if you want to pay, u get more! You can also upload the video to Vimeo and password protect it, people need the direct url and password to access it, which you can send via email and then you dont have to worry about size or format it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

jk101 wrote: »
    I normally send quicktimes or mp4s, no complaints so far! You can sign up to yousentit.com...you are able to send emails up to 100mb and if you want to pay, u get more! You can also upload the video to Vimeo and password protect it, people need the direct url and password to access it, which you can send via email and then you dont have to worry about size or format it is!

That should be www.yousendit.com I presume.

Good site - I use it a lot for work and find it very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Macs can play WMV in quicktime now but if they are using linux they would have to download some 3rd party software to play it (xine)

Mp4 is good also but i've had trouble in the past with people on macs not being able to play it because of the codec inside the mp4 container

You can also go the yousendit or megaupload (you can do up to a 1gb in mega)

I dont think their browser would crash with dial-up but if its a big file the might get charged a lot to download it, get them to find out from their provider

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cheapestps3

It is better to upload in rapidshare and give that link to them. After downloading the video then delete from rapidshare.

Advertisement