Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience for an engineer

Options
  • 25-08-2010 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hoping to qualify from college as an engineer next summer.Is there a chance of getting work experience in Europe or the US next summer, do I start looking now- any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

spideog7 wrote: »

i did this program and got two amazing summer work/ cultural experiences, the first was in Croatia for 6 weeks and then hit the jackpot with 10 weeks in Tokyo

Can't speak highly enough of IAESTE, back in my day (10 yrs ago) we got grants for the flights, dont know what the story is these days

These were viewed very well during graduate interview stages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

No grants for the flights these days but still a great opportunity to go somewhere with a job sorted before hand. Got a job in the states with it last year and I'm still here even though the internship is over now, they kept me on for another year!

Advertisement