Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best options??

Options
  • 25-08-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

hi guys,brother recently bought a hose,its wired for alarm,keypad,windows,pir's,door contacts and outside bell box,just wanna know what the options are,eg cost,best make and easiest to install,im a sparks so know a little about alarms but no where near as skilled as im sure some of you guys are,thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

hi guys,brother recently bought a hose,its wired for alarm,keypad,windows,pir's,door contacts and outside bell box,just wanna know what the options are,eg cost,best make and easiest to install,im a sparks so know a little about alarms but no where near as skilled as im sure some of you guys are,thanks in advance!

There are a lot of good system on the market, Astec, Hkc, Signet, Aritech. The Astec would be the easiest to install. Two wires for all devices. The Hkc, Signet and Aritech panel have the option of adding wire free devices for if you have problems with cables plus if you wanted to add wire free smoke detectors, key fobs.

No matter what system you install for him they are all good, if you do get stuck you will get plenty of help here for installing the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

thats great altor il have a look at the astec so maybe,always been interested in alarms systems so about time i started to learn!no doubt il be back at some stage for help on it!the forum is brilliant i have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

The signet would be the best of the bunch imo.
    I've used the astec a few times for astec take overs and I was not impressed with the build quality of the keypad

id also like to ask your advice on any alarm installer coures out there that you would recommend,im currently unemployed and just looking for ways to up my skills,have looked at the likes of chevron and hi tech just wondering what you guys would recommend!cheers

Hands on experience is the best way to go. The high tech course will only teach you the basics. You would get that by installing an alarm yourself :D

• Advertisement

that i agree on altor,hands on is always the best way to go,prob best just skipping the course and trying it out myself!courses are expensive aswell!

Its about €600 to do that course in high tech plus €300 to do the voice and text communications day course. Waste of money as you could learn that on site working.

ha i know problem is finding a job!any jobs going your way:D:D:D:D

ha i know problem is finding a job!any jobs going your way:D:D:D:D

If you have experience :D

ha ha the dreaded EXPERIENCE word!!!!

• Advertisement

ha ha the dreaded EXPERIENCE word!!!!

:D

do you get general wiring diagrams when you buy the alarm system?im well able to read drawings just wouldn be to certain without one!thanks

Have a read through this tread. plenty of good to follow diagrams :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A good start would be to look over the engineer manuals of the different systems. That will give you a good idea of the layout of connections etc.

good stuff cheers for the info gents no doubt il be back to rack your brains very shortly!

good stuff cheers for the info gents no doubt il be back to rack your brains very shortly!

Always happy to help, you wont be stuck for answers to problems here :D

Advertisement