Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loan

Options
  • 25-08-2010 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey!

I've transferred course this year so it means I've to pay reg + tutition fees for this year which works out at about 6600euro. Is there any student loan system in any of the banks like in the states where you borrow and then repay when you're finished college and working? I don't think I can afford to pay it back whilst I'm in college. I'm not entitled to any grants or anything will need some sort of loan! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Are you a member of a credit union? speak to them as they'd be most flexible and would not kill you with interest. I'm sure any other bank would hold the loan for the duration of hte course but the interest would probably be quite high.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

also try the college and ask them about the student assistance fund

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement