Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computing TA322

Options
  • 25-08-2010 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭

Just about to start first year in ITT. Is anyone else doing this course this year or currently doing it? What is the college like? are the students sound social events and so on any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65904782&postcount=6

Timetables from last year, along with some info. There's a few threads on here already on Computing course.

Social events can be great (pity no one out of my course goes), usually for outside events they do be in Tramco and the Playhouse, saying that the Freshers Ball is in the Academy this year and was last year too, great craic last year.

College is decent, just hope you aren't driving.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65904782&postcount=6

Timetables from last year, along with some info. There's a few threads on here already on Computing course.

Social events can be great (pity no one out of my course goes), usually for outside events they do be in Tramco and the Playhouse, saying that the Freshers Ball is in the Academy this year and was last year too, great craic last year.

College is decent, just hope you aren't driving.:D

Nice one Gav actually living in tallaght and if you are who i think you are then you know me from when i lived on the coombe.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭poncho000

Just finished 3rd year. The content of the course is good and most of the lecturers are fine.

The first 2 years are easy enough. If you are not the studious type is doesn't matter as they are very lenient, so long as you turn up for the exams.

From 3rd year there is a noticeable increase in difficulty, but i guess thats a long way away for you now ;)

Good to know. less laziness this year i guess :( hope to slack off a bit in networking as i have a CCNA so know a thing or two in that area.

Nice one Gav actually living in tallaght and if you are who i think you are then you know me from when i lived on the coombe.

I am who you think I am :D probably the Shels sig and The Tenters location gave it away.:D
    Good to know. less laziness this year i guess :( hope to slack off a bit in networking as i have a CCNA so know a thing or two in that area.

No networking in 1st year David, starts in 2nd year afaik.

• Advertisement

I am who you think I am :D probably the Shels sig and The Tenters location gave it away.:D

No networking in 1st year David, starts in 2nd year afaik.

Well you never know there could be another hardcore shels fan named gavin lurking about the tenters..you going bohs tomorrow?

Well you never know there could be another hardcore shels fan named gavin lurking about the tenters..you going bohs tomorrow?

Think you answered your own question ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Thanks for posting the timetables (still trying to figure out what half of the subjects on it are :P), I will be starting in September so was nice to see how many classes I will have each day. Are lecture put up online by any chance? I know they do this in DIT, would be handy for note writing.

Thanks for posting the timetables (still trying to figure out what half of the subjects on it are :P), I will be starting in September so was nice to see how many classes I will have each day. Are lecture put up online by any chance? I know they do this in DIT, would be handy for note writing.

What subjects are you wondering about and I'll tell you?

Ye all the lecture notes are usually put up online, for the likes of Maths and SDEV I wouldn't be missing classes, the other classes are handy enough to catch up on though with the notes online.

What subjects are you wondering about and I'll tell you?

Ye all the lecture notes are usually put up online, for the likes of Maths and SDEV I wouldn't be missing classes, the other classes are handy enough to catch up on though with the notes online.

I dont plan on missing anything, they having the lecture notes makes it easier to write my own, as I am not great at taking down notes on the fly :P

• Advertisement

I dont plan on missing anything, they having the lecture notes makes it easier to write my own, as I am not great at taking down notes on the fly :P

are those voice recorders aloud in the college for lectures? if not you can always do what this guy did
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4nwe7cW_og

I really hope someone does this :D

are those voice recorders aloud in the college for lectures? if not you can always do what this guy did
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4nwe7cW_og

I really hope someone does this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs5TEuZPQl8&feature=related longer version :P

Ah yes yes the directors editition :P

Unless you're a mature student you'll realise that some classes are tedious and it's much easier to just study them in your own time, always go to Labs though.;)

Unless you're a mature student you'll realise that some classes are tedious and it's much easier to just study them in your own time, always go to Labs though.;)

Even if I know something I will still go to lectures on them, I would fall into a routine of not feelings go going in at all otherwise :P, and besides even if you only learn something new everything 10 classes, its still handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Im startin this too! Accepted the 2-year cert, but think ill do IT Management after first year, so prob have to commit to the 3 years, but thats grand :P

What size are the classes? Would you be mixed in with other courses? What age range would everyone be?

I had a dream I was at an induction day that went arseways, hope its not an omen! :P

unreggd wrote: »

What size are the classes? Would you be mixed in with other courses? What age range would everyone be?

Well the course class is split in two, starts off around at 35-40 per class but that will drop month by month.;)

Not mixed with other courses in 1st year anyway.

Age range of my class was from 16/17 - 40's I'd say.

Advertisement