Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bath Repair - because of 'A series of unfortunate events'

Options
  • 25-08-2010 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

As luck would have it, just as I was posting about the dodgy plumber, he was busy making the next mess for me to clean up -

He managed to take a tiny (1-cm) hair-line chip/crack on the inside of the bath, by fixing one of the bath supports incorrectly and some sideways pressure did the damage.

This bath is a whirlpool bath and quite expensive. I don't owe him enough that there is a 'carrot' here for him to buy a new bath, so I feel my only option is to repair.

So does anyone know if a small chip like this can be repaired in a bath (standard fiber-glass bath material), and if so, can someone recommend a company or name of a trade that does such repair. I couldn't possibly afford to buy a new one.

Oh - and for those interested in the series of unfortunate events:
    This is all for the fitting of this one bath:
    1) Plumber doesn't show up when he said he would (twice),
    2) Then said one leg was missing, so we got a whole new set.
    3) He fitted legs but chipped the inside.
    4) Taps were off-line (which he corrected next day - but do I really need to point that out?),
    5) When it came to testing, he found the plug-hole was not tight enough and was leaking slightly, In panic he damaged the plug-hole trying to tighten it.
    6) The leaked water seeped through the floor and has stained the ceiling and wall of the floor below.
    7) Next day he replaced the plug-hole - and I tested this myself (carefully) and found another drip-drip leak on the waste pipe as it was not connected tightly enough.

As you can imagine I'll no longer be requiring his services....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭JuniorB

We were offered a damaged ex showroom bath at one stage. The sales guy suggest getting a guy that would re-spay/repair damaged cars to do the job. Might be hard to do when in place but they might be able to point you in the right direction.
    Best of luck anyway..

Advertisement